By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PSP3/Vita 2 actually a thing?

PSP3 / Vita 2

Never ever 121 54.50%

Meh 32 14.41%

Long ways off 41 18.47%

Sooner than expected! 28 12.61%

Total:222

Nothing in the horizon right now, but beyond the horizon you can bet they are toying with their own Switch device and seeing if the Switch is the future or a fad.

Around the Network

Sony at this point, may see as a better option is just to invest into more iOS & Android Or instead, have DualShock game pad support and than set designs for software publishing to use their controller and services like PSN support on mobile smart phones & tablets.

https://forwardworks.com/

That's their new mobile entertainment software developer house & publisher. It's it's own Subsidiary

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

irstupid said:
Nothing in the horizon right now, but beyond the horizon you can bet they are toying with their own Switch device and seeing if the Switch is the future or a fad.

Not that there is no chance, but it really is a slim to none at this point, Sony I think is resigned to just invest into iOS and Android Pad , for a PlayStation portable software platform to distribute their software on. Smartphone & tablets.

Example:

What is ForwardWorks?

Sony sums it up best: “ForwardWorks Corporation (ForwardWorks) [is] a new company that is aimed to deploy new services toward the ever-expanding smart device market. ForwardWorks will begin its operation from April 1st, 2016. ForwardWorks will leverage the intellectual property of the numerous PlayStation dedicated software titles and its gaming characters as well as the knowledge and know-how of gaming development expertise which was acquired over the years with PlayStation business to provide gaming application optimized for smart devices including smartphones to users in Japan and Asia. The company will aim to deliver users with opportunity to casually enjoy full-fledged game titles in the new field of the smart device market.”

The short, non-PR version of that is ForwardWorks is a games studio in Sony that is being tasked with bringing iterations of games and characters from its back catalog to Android and iOS.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Sony just said they won't.