By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: Netflix is ready for the Switch

ResidentToxy said:
Green098 said:
All I want is Netflix and YouTube, I don't even think I'd even need a web browser on a console.

I agree. Having a browser on any gaming console is a novelty that doesn't serve much purpose. Whereas having Netflix and YouTube is definitely a function that would get a lot of use. 

For me, I couldn't care less about the browser on my PS4 and Xbox One (though I do use the Xbox browser to watch m4ufree in my living room and bedroom). I use the WiiU browser almost every day because of the touch screen and how snappy it is. It isn't as great as it used to be but I still love it--and it's actually inches away from my desktop PC!

Around the Network
ResidentToxy said:
Green098 said:
All I want is Netflix and YouTube, I don't even think I'd even need a web browser on a console.

I agree. Having a browser on any gaming console is a novelty that doesn't serve much purpose. Whereas having Netflix and YouTube is definitely a function that would get a lot of use. 

Depends on the console.  I've never used it on my XBox One.  Meanwhile, the web browser on my Wii U has been my go-to browser at home since 2012.

That would have been nice when power and internet was down from Irma.... I was using my phone and thought wow it would be nice to use the switch with the stand to watch things.... I could have used my phone as a wifi AP.
Not that its not on everything else, it would be nice to have the option when available.

Great stuff....

As for people saying "netflix is on enough other devices" is there a limit to how many devices can have the app on it? Sure you might enjoy watching it on your phone, that's great but why not have it on more things lol, it doesn't take away from your phone experience and simply gives people another option.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Jranation said:
Imagine watching it on TV then taking it on the go!

Erm how far does your wifi reach, or did you mean take it with you on the toilet when you need to go.

Around the Network

That's some good news. Netflix will be a must-have on a portable console. It's the most used app on xbox and playstation consoles so I can't imagine what it will be like on the NS.

Sad as it is to say 80% of our PS4 use in the house is for streaming video be it : Netflix, Hulu+, Vudu, or Amazon. I'd like to see all those on the Switch as well as whatever service Disney ends up launching... the kids love their stupid Disney shows and I like the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars so when that launches I'll sign up for it too if it isn't stupid expensive.

axumblade said:
I was at a customers house and they still had Netflix running on their Wii. So needless to say, it's coming. :D

Oh wow! That's really strange. I can't imagine the Wii being used frequently, whether it be for gaming or Netflix. Netflix must look horrible through a 480p output.

Netflix never came to the Wii in Australia, however, this is most likely due to Australia only getting Netflix roughly 2-3 years ago. We were in the dark ages.

Yay! I have a Switch... but don't even use Netflix. Old shows, old (mostly bad) movies... I just rent the movies I want at my local Redbox or video store (yup, still have one) or buy them. TV shows? I have *gasp* TV with 220 channels, a DVR and an app on my phone that let's me stream live TV and all my recorded shows wherever I go.

People talk like Netflix is still light years ahead but for me, it's archaic and pointless.

I have a feeling it may be they're holding back on it to release all the online features of the Switch simultaneously. I think there was a comment about how Nintendo's waiting to release the online features in a big way, or something like that.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread