By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - No, you aren't LeBron James

monocle_layton said:
axumblade said:
Who is LeBron James?

Uhh, he's basically like having a character in an RPG with 9/10 in everything

excels at everything, so he's considered one of the (if not the) most versatile and dominant basketball players ever

Comparable people would be Ronaldo, Tom Brady, or Mario

eh Brady wins a lot but not the most talented or individually successful QB.  Better football examples would be Jerry Rice or Jim Brown.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

The funniest thing is the delusion of "I could've gone pro" mentality that exists among some guys who play in the park. Years ago went to Sunday league matches for soccer and one of the guys brought his cousin. This cousin was journeyman type defender who played pro a bit, bounced around a few years and retired by 27. He dominated these guys netting five goals with ease like he was playing against children.

People don't get how massive the gulf is in sports. For 99% of people the best person you ever play against would get destroyed by someone in the pros who cannot even get minutes of playing time.

Nymeria said:
The funniest thing is the delusion of "I could've gone pro" mentality that exists among some guys who play in the park. Years ago went to Sunday league matches for soccer and one of the guys brought his cousin. This cousin was journeyman type defender who played pro a bit, bounced around a few years and retired by 27. He dominated these guys netting five goals with ease like he was playing against children.

People don't get how massive the gulf is in sports. For 99% of people the best person you ever play against would get destroyed by someone in the pros who cannot even get minutes of playing time.

The true pros are either actually pros, never wanted to go big time, or had life issues.

I played against someone in the development league of the NBA (Dleague), and the dude did amazing against me. We both played as SF, and yet it was clear he was the better player. After losing 7-15 I knew I would never be pro.

I also met a man who would literally make any shot with one foot of space. The dude collapsed defenses with ease, but apparently never wanted to treat basketball as a way of life.

It's crazy seeing freaks of nature and how different each of them grow.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
monocle_layton said:

Uhh, he's basically like having a character in an RPG with 9/10 in everything

excels at everything, so he's considered one of the (if not the) most versatile and dominant basketball players ever

Comparable people would be Ronaldo, Tom Brady, or Mario

eh Brady wins a lot but not the most talented or individually successful QB.  Better football examples would be Jerry Rice or Jim Brown.

What QB has more rings?  Also, he is still putting up good numbers as long as his line protects him.  He isn't a scrambler but sometimes he can pick up a few yards.  Usually he just gets sacked consider he is mainly just a pocket passer and he isn't that fast.  Running QBs usually get hurt more anyways.  Look how well RG3 did in NFL.  He had like one or two good season and then he couldn't stop getting injured.

Look at what Brady can do now at 40.  Manning started to look like shit and even when he won the Super Bowl it was mainly the defense.  He had some good moments but there were a ton of bad ones. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
axumblade said:
Who is LeBron James?

A basektball player who thinks he's the GOAT but has a little baby penis and wishes he was the actual GOAT... Michael Jordan.

You continue to make me laugh with your amazing jokes lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

What QB has more rings?  Also, he is still putting up good numbers as long as his line protects him.  He isn't a scrambler but sometimes he can pick up a few yards.  Usually he just gets sacked consider he is mainly just a pocket passer and he isn't that fast.  Running QBs usually get hurt more anyways.  Look how well RG3 did in NFL.  He had like one or two good season and then he couldn't stop getting injured.

Look at what Brady can do now at 40.  Manning started to look like shit and even when he won the Super Bowl it was mainly the defense.  He had some good moments but there were a ton of bad ones. 

Rings are a team accomplishment not him individually.  His offense scored 13 points in their first superbowl win and he threw key interceptions in a number of playoff games including superbowls.  Hell look at how he choked in that first Giants superbowl with the most talented and high scoring offense in history.  I mean 14 points was their lowest total all season.  His stats are a lot worse in the playoffs and their first 3 superbowls they were a defensive team.  Not to mention how he clearly fumbled against the raiders in his first playoff game and it was incorrectly overturned.  From goal line ints to making those who intercept him fumble to holding the highest scoring offense in the league to a shutout for almost the entire second half his team has bailed him out more than a few times in superbowls and playoff games so yeah, it's a TEAM accomplishment.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
sethnintendo said:

Rings are a team accomplishment not him individually.  His offense scored 13 points in their first superbowl win and he threw key interceptions in a number of playoff games including superbowls.  Hell look at how he choked in that first Giants superbowl with the most talented and high scoring offense in history.  I mean 14 points was their lowest total all season.  His stats are a lot worse in the playoffs and their first 3 superbowls they were a defensive team.  Not to mention how he clearly fumbled against the raiders in his first playoff game and it was incorrectly overturned.  From goal line ints to making those who intercept him fumble to holding the highest scoring offense in the league to a shutout for almost the entire second half his team has bailed him out more than a few times in superbowls and playoff games so yeah, it's a TEAM accomplishment.

I believe last year made him near even for all his previous other fuck ups.