By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DOOM 2016 footage on Nintendo Switch

twintail said:
Luke888 said:
Imho Doom is a very important game for Switch: not only for its fame and quality, but it's probably also the closest we'll get to the genre of Metroid Prime 4, by seeing how good (or bad) the port is an runs on Switch we should set the bar for Prime 4

Maybe they ae doing Metroid. Could explain why they have had such a positive relationship with Nintendo and the Switch.

That would be dope.  Just keep your paid mods to yourself Bethesda and we're good.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
twintail said:
Luke888 said:
Imho Doom is a very important game for Switch: not only for its fame and quality, but it's probably also the closest we'll get to the genre of Metroid Prime 4, by seeing how good (or bad) the port is an runs on Switch we should set the bar for Prime 4

Maybe they ae doing Metroid. Could explain why they have had such a positive relationship with Nintendo and the Switch.

Nope, it's being made by a new team made from the ground up internally at Nintendo

shenlong213 said:
caffeinade said:
Does not look quite as bad as I was expecting.

And it's 60 FPS, expect nothing less

Huh, not as bad as I woud've thought. It will be practically unnoticeable in portable. A lot more in docked, though.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Don't care, everything else is completely overshadowed by that ridiculous Mario gameplay at the end! Wow! Only a little over a month left to wait!

Luke888 said:
twintail said:

Nope, it's being made by a new team made from the ground up internally at Nintendo

Imagine if they used id tech 6 though.
We know it works on the Switch now.

Nintendo pull some strings and make, it, happen.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I expect 30fps to be honest, but I can accept that so long as it's stable.

Getting a game that pushes PS4 and Xbox One hard up and running on the Switch is no mean feat and sacrifices have to be made.

Rage and Wolfenstein both achieved 60 fps on 7th gen hardware.

So its certainly possible they can do that on Switch. Wouldnt be the first time they squeezed more than expected from modest specs.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

curl-6 said:
Spindel said:

Finally it's nice to se Nintendo being Doomed!

Well, they've been doomed before.

Just not since the 90s. :P

As well as GBA version xD and there's Wolfenstein 3D GBA too.

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

I expect 30fps to be honest, but I can accept that so long as it's stable.

Getting a game that pushes PS4 and Xbox One hard up and running on the Switch is no mean feat and sacrifices have to be made.

So its certainly possible they can do that on Switch. Wouldnt be the first time they squeezed more than expected from modest specs.

But they achieved 60fps on last gen hardware using iD Tech 5. Not iD Tech 6 which is graphically superior.

The games speak for themselves, Doom 2016 on the Switch looks far superior to any iD Tech 5 game in my opion.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

But they achieved 60fps on last gen hardware using iD Tech 5. Not iD Tech 6 which is graphically superior.

The games speak for themselves, Doom 2016 on the Switch looks far superior to any iD Tech 5 game in my opion.

True but Doom makes use of Vulkan to make more efficient use of lower specs and the Switch is Vulkan compatible.   Is it possible they could be using that to push for better performance while preserving visual fidelity as best as possible?

I remember reading last year stable 60fps was their main goal with Doom on consoles, I don't see why this should change on Switch. I expect simplified textures and geometry, dynamic resolution going below 720p.