By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DOOM 2016 footage on Nintendo Switch

From the title, I was hoping for an extended gameplay video. In any case, it looks pretty nice, especially for those that don't have another console. I'll probably still pick it up for the PS4 if I get it, but for those who want the experience on the go this is cool.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
It shows gameplay yet it doesn't show him shooting a single enemy lol... did they not want to show blood during the direct?

Hadn't considered that, but it would make sense if Nintendo doesn't want to show mature content in their Directs. Probably was intentional.

Cobretti2 said:
I wills state the obvious but PS4 and XBOX much better gfx

There is no logical reason for it, and we should make comment about it every 3rd party announcement.

The graphics, especially when viewed in handheld mode where the differences are very difficult to detect, really aren't that different.

If that was the deciding factor I'd just get it on my PC which can blow the others out of the water, but the novelty of playing these sorts of games on a portable system is pretty cool... over the past couple of weeks as I've been moving about due to Hurricane Irma and a flooded apartment the Switch has been awesome for me; it really does feel like a console that's easy to pack and use anywhere. Meanwhile, my PS4, PC, and Wii U are all in storage as I try to salvage what I can from the flood damage.

vivster said:
So that's how Doom would look if it was released 7 years earlier. Nintendo cashing in on nostalgia as usual.

For once for ONCE can you shut the F**k up?

Seriously how the hell havent you been banned for life is beyond me...you do nothing NOTHING but spew your negativity on ever single Nintendo thread on this forum.

Moderated ~ CGI

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

That was a real surprise! The little they showed, it looked good enough, but we'll have to wait until we get more material to judge it properly.

Bethesda seems to be betting quite hard on Switch, so I hope DOOM, Skyrim and Wolfenstein II (which is a shame we didn't get to see footage of, and that it can't launch alongside the other versions) do sell well enough to keep them onboard.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Embargo ends next week and we are going ro be able to read impressions and maybe official statements from devs. Let's wait until confirmation for framerate and resolution.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

curl-6 said:

I expect 30fps to be honest, but I can accept that so long as it's stable.

Getting a game that pushes PS4 and Xbox One hard up and running on the Switch is no mean feat and sacrifices have to be made.

I expect a lot of developers are going to be keeping an eye on the Doom port. If it ends up being 720p/30fps in docked mode it'd paint a pretty grim picture for any AAA titles with less performance wiggle room or a more rigid engine (with is most of them right now). I personally think they're going to go with a dynamic resolution, but it they can get it to average around 900p~ at 30fps, or maybe a bit below 720p~ at 60fps, etc, then that opens up the possibility of some of the PS4/X1's more stable titles to appearing on the Switch. I'm never going to buy any of them, but they'd all make for fun discussions so it'd be a +1 from me.

Zekkyou said:
curl-6 said:

I expect 30fps to be honest, but I can accept that so long as it's stable.

Getting a game that pushes PS4 and Xbox One hard up and running on the Switch is no mean feat and sacrifices have to be made.

I expect a lot of developers are going to be keeping an eye on the Doom port. If it ends up being 720p/30fps in docked mode it'd paint a pretty grim picture for any AAA titles with less performance wiggle room or a more rigid engine (with is most of them right now). I personally think they're going to go with a dynamic resolution, but it they can get it to average around 900p~ at 30fps, or maybe a bit below 720p~ at 60fps, etc, then that opens up the possibility of some of the PS4/X1's more stable titles to appearing on the Switch. I'm never going to buy any of them, but they'd all make for fun discussions so it'd be a +1 from me.

I agree, this is early days for 3rd parties on the Switch, so they're all figuring out how to best use the hardware. This could be an amazing leap forward in raising the bar, quite soon into the console's lifecycle. 

Bristow9091 said:
Johnw1104 said:

Hadn't considered that, but it would make sense if Nintendo doesn't want to show mature content in their Directs. Probably was intentional.

Yeah that's actually what I was thinking, they like to keep their directs child friendly, so no blood makes sense.

The last direct had a warning for mature content I believe.

But everyone knows what Doom is, no need to show any mature content. Thus why have a Mature warning disclaiming in the beginning of a 45 minute show for 2 seconds of footage. Not worth it, imo. Thus why they only showed what they did.

Whelp. I guess i'm getting DOOM ealier that I thought.

I hope it runs stable though. Heres to hoping for 60fps.