By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid: Samus Returns Reviews - 88 Meta (45 Reviews) - 88 OpenCritic (37 Reviews)

Starting to look like we're in the midst of a Nintendo renaissance!

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Wow ! I expected something like 85, but dang, people were really waiting for this one weren't they ? Can't wait for my special edition myself !!

Shitty image considering the last good Metroid game was released in 2010.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Damn, I forgot that this game existed. Ugh, another one to add to that never ending to-get list. T_T

Outstanding score. Delighted to see that Metroid has been handled right by MercurySteam.

VGPolyglot said:
87 is a satisfying score I'd say!! Unfortunately I bought a Sega Saturn RAM cart/memory card/import player yesterday, so I don't have more money to drop right now.

But that RAM cart is pretty important on the Saturn 🙂.

OT: great, I always preferred Metroid in 2D. I never got used to the controls in 3D, they felt overly cumbersome.

Around the Network

Haha I nailed the Metascore in the Nintendo prediction thread!

Looks like Famitsu wasn't totally crazy with their score after all. I still do not trust Sakamoto with a Metroid game so I will wait.

Anyway this could the first good Metroid game in 10 years? It really has been a long time.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'm wondering why I read that the game lasts between 10-15 hours. Did they add tons of content or what? First time I beat Metroid II it took me about 5 hours.

I'm surprised this scored so high. I guess the gameplay is really good because that art-style is so ugly. I wish they went with a sprite-based art-style, would have made a port to the Switch far easier as well.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

mZuzek said:
Pavolink said:

Shitty image considering the last good Metroid game was released in 2010.

AM2R came out in 2016.

Not an official game from Nintendo.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile