By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid: Samus Returns Reviews - 88 Meta (45 Reviews) - 88 OpenCritic (37 Reviews)

killeryoshis said:
Looks like Famitsu wasn't totally crazy with their score after all. I still do not trust Sakamoto with a Metroid game so I will wait.

Anyway this could the first good Metroid game in 10 years? It really has been a long time.

So one dud in 2010 (or more than a disappointment than a dud) affects some people huh?

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
killeryoshis said:
Looks like Famitsu wasn't totally crazy with their score after all. I still do not trust Sakamoto with a Metroid game so I will wait.

Anyway this could the first good Metroid game in 10 years? It really has been a long time.

So one dud in 2010 (or more than a disappointment than a dud) affects some people huh?

Don't forget the 2016 dud that was federation force. 

sc94597 said:
Kai_Mao said:

Don't forget the 2016 dud that was federation force. 

I commented based on the Sakamoto comment. For all that he accomplished with Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission, one game can change perception.

High 80s that's great, glad to see it's doing well.

Kai_Mao said:
killeryoshis said:

I should have expanded on the Sakamoto comment.  I did not like Metroid Other M at all. 

I do not like Metroid Zero Mission (It is too easy for my tastes. I prefer the original. I know some people won't like that opinion)
Metroid Fusion (Was decent. Nowhere near the quality of Metroid Prime or Super Metroid)
Super Metroid was made a very long time ago. So I do not consider that a reason to call him good at making Metroid games today. Maybe in 1994 he had the talent but not today. 

I feel like Sakamoto has been getting worse in making Metroids as time goes on. That's why I am wary about this remake. If I get this and enjoy it then I will be happy that I have been proven wrong. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Looks like, Samus has Returned...

Good score though, really good to see.

Wish this were coming to Switch also. Argh!..

Might be getting it twice if it comes to Switch later.

Skeptical about it because MercurySteam's track record is terrible.

killeryoshis said:
Kai_Mao said:

I should have expanded on the Sakamoto comment.  I did not like Metroid Other M at all. 

I do not like Metroid Zero Mission (It is too easy for my tastes. I prefer the original. I know some people won't like that opinion)
Metroid Fusion (Was decent. Nowhere near the quality of Metroid Prime or Super Metroid)
Super Metroid was made a very long time ago. So I do not consider that a reason to call him good at making Metroid games today. Maybe in 1994 he had the talent but not today. 

I feel like Sakamoto has been getting worse in making Metroids as time goes on. That's why I am wary about this remake. If I get this and enjoy it then I will be happy that I have been proven wrong. 

I guess when you put it that way, you have somewhat of a point. But it sounds like comparing Beatles' records post-Sgt. Pepper for some people, in which it's hard to match the mastery of Sgt. Pepper or even Revoler or Rubber Soul. Even then they are all still good. Still, I respect your stance on this. It's your experience and I hope I don't sound like I'm putting you down thinking like that.

Better than i was expecting. I might have to buy it now.