By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Indian Man's Parents Fly To Florida To Beat Son's Wife For Disobedience

Different cultures have different standards and customs. Although it would be preferable to not do something illegal because of that culture. Like beating an innocent (according to US law) woman for example.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I'm assuming the parents were visiting anyway. Seems quite silly to fly across the world just to beat up a lady, even if she isn't making her husbands sandwiches.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Soundwave said:
StarOcean said:

This. Very much this

The woman is Indian from freaking India. I'd say she knows the culture.

30% of women in America in general report being an abusive relationship. That's tens of millions of women, but yeah lets single this one incident out. 

Here's a sobering stat:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/domestic-violence-statistics_n_5959776

The number of American troops killed in Afghanistan and Iraq between 2001 and 2012 was 6,488. The number of American women who were murdered by current or ex male partners during that time was 11,766.

Culture isn't limited to the geography. Same as I'd say the culture of Americans in the south is very differenr than say, the Pacific Northwest. Culture encompuses many variables, not limited to where you were born. The rest I agree with 

Soundwave said:
StarOcean said:

This. Very much this

The woman is Indian from freaking India. I'd say she knows the culture.

30% of women in America in general report being an abusive relationship. That's tens of millions of women, but yeah lets single this one incident out. 

Here's a sobering stat:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/domestic-violence-statistics_n_5959776

The number of American troops killed in Afghanistan and Iraq between 2001 and 2012 was 6,488. The number of American women who were murdered by current or ex male partners during that time was 11,766.

Would you please unknot your panties or something? I was talking in a general common sense way in how all couples should act before they should marry. 

Nice strawman stats. Americans don't really get their families to help them beat their wives. It's a cultural thing. What are you trying to be sneaky about with this? Can't you just call a spade a spade? 

While it is frowned upon in the US, rates of wifebeating are actually higher than they are in India. The US has a rate of 33% compared to India's 20%.

Even worse is the UK's 45%.

It's also interesting to note that the US and the UK are among the only two nations in the Western world where beating children as a form of discipline is actually still legal. It's difficult to say that child beating causes wife beating, or that beating is so common in those countries that it is impossible to ban it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.