By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How to get more people to join the site?

Are you a lurker?

Yes 82 70.69%

No 34 29.31%

Total:116
leyendax69 said:
AZWification said:

I don't think the site is making that much money anymore.

Exactly... and since that's the case the ads are not going away till site dies. Why even bother? :(

Well. I haven't seen the financials, so I can't say either way.

But rewarding bad behaviour is not the way to enforce a change.

Xen said:
Flilix said:

Which browser are you using? I'm using Google Chrome on my laptop, it doesn't show the number of people online.

About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Staff | Contact
© 2006-2017 VGChartz Ltd. All rights reserved. BE

Chrome. Version 60.something something

Not appearing for me either. Using Firefox.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I'd like to add, to the numerous mentions of the need for up-dated sales data, that there has got to be a way to complete said data with digital sales numbers. As long as that's impossible, the numbers we do get (and this past year it's gotten a bit better again, shout-out to Machina and the others), will grow increasingly more irrelevant.

Flilix said:
Xen said:

Which browser are you using? I'm using Google Chrome on my laptop, it doesn't show the number of people online.

About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Staff | Contact
© 2006-2017 VGChartz Ltd. All rights reserved. BE

I'm using Chrome too.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Better mobile site...

I think that keeping the members that are already here is more important than getting new ones. Wouldn't you say?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
I think that keeping the members that are already here is more important than getting new ones. Wouldn't you say?

Maybe, but people are inevitably going to lose interest. While we can try to mitigate that, having new members to freshen things up is one way of doing that I'd say.

VGPolyglot said:
amp316 said:

Maybe, but people are inevitably going to lose interest. While we can try to mitigate that, having new members to freshen things up is one way of doing that I'd say.

I wouldn't know anything about losing interest.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I wouldn't know anything about losing interest.

No, you wouldn't at all

Pemalite said:
leyendax69 said:

Exactly... and since that's the case the ads are not going away till site dies. Why even bother? :(

Yeah obviously me neither but considering the small amount of people that seems to stick around I doubt the figures are too high. Who knows... either way, I have been using adblock specifically for this site the past 2 years or so

leyendax69 said:
Pemalite said:

Yeah obviously me neither but considering the small amount of people that seems to stick around I doubt the figures are too high. Who knows... either way, I have been using adblock specifically for this site the past 2 years or so

I wouldn't use the internet without Ad-Block. So we actually cost this website money. ;)

Not only does blocking Adverts reduce my devices power consumption, it saves on internet bandwidth... And it's also a security measure, Viruses and Maleware can be propogated via advertising.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--