By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package coming to PS4 on December 5

Everybody is so focused on MS losing an exclusive.......

Are we not gonna talk about the title? Frank's Big Package? I need an adult

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
think-man said:
I've yet to play this franchise, might support it so capcom will stop making it a timed exclusive.

Unless they shed a bit off the price, don't start here. DR1 and 2 are also on PS4. This one started off pretty good imho but got boring real fast thanks mostly to lack of co-op campaign. Instead you get co-op missions which aren't nearly as fun.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft paid for full exclusivity of that game because they had few launch titles. It turned profit but capcom must've realized the sales on the Xbox alone wouldn't cut it with part four.

Totally, breh. 7 launch games weren't enough, needed an 8th. Maybe MS wasnt willing to pay for full console rights again. DR3 didn't exactly set the world on fire and no one was begging for a 4th.

Has DR 1 & 2 aged well? 

VGPolyglot said:

What about Viewtiful Joe? Did that get extra content?

Yeah. The PS2 version removed all the Nintendo references, got a teaser for Viewtiful Joe 2, a new difficulty mode and a Dante from Devil May Cry skin, content not found on the Gamecube version.

think-man said:

Has DR 1 & 2 aged well? 

Other than the braindead survivor AI from the first game, absolutely. They're two fantastic games.

3 was a lot better. 4 isnt awful, but its easily the worst in the main series.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ali_16x said:

What? Really? Where did you get that from? I thought it would just be common sense for devs to include dlc for a game launching a year later.

When the superior version of ninja gaiden sigma 2 dropped on the ps3. It had extra bosses and levels that the Xbox version never got including multiplayer. It had extra skins, playable characters  and weapons. I remember reading about a late game rule. I believe it said either the game gets all the extra content or don't port it. Tecmo gave them more than that though. Lol they even threw in boob jiggle physics for the axis. Funny thing was that it as I played the Xbox 360 version and back then Xbox gamers were making fun of PlayStation gamers because the blood was taken out of the PS3 version. Honestly with all the added bonuses Xbox gamers must've felt screwed slightly.

Not quite. Sigma 2 was significantly dumbed down. No NGII fan would have been impressed. The extra content was all junk and the base content was no way near as good, from controls, weapons, gameplay and gore ( which effects gameplay). 

Around the Network
Angelus said:

Where I don't see it.  What I can see here people talking about the policy of Sony when you are going to port a time exclisive game release a deinitive edition or don't port it at all.

I also see someone hates it and also a poster recoemmending the game.

OT: I enjoyed DR2 I even have the platinum on my first account. Planning to get the plat again for my 2nd account which will be my main account.

Although the lost of timer. Hmm, well let's see if that will sink well with me after I played it. Also, the extra content is welcome.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Angelus said:

Where I don't see it.  What I can see here people talking about the policy of Sony when you are going to port a time exclisive game release a deinitive edition or don't port it at all.

I also see someone hates it and also a poster recoemmending the game.

OT: I enjoyed DR2 I even have the platinum on my first account. Planning to get the plat again for my 2nd account which will be my main account.

Although the lost of timer. Hmm, well let's see if that will sink well with me after I played it. Also, the extra content is welcome.

Tbf, I just assumed, cus I didn't see anyone talking about the name, and figured that was the only other thing to talk about. Didn't even know about that Sony policy.

Dat name tho

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Thank goodness Sony enacted that rule last gen where if Microsoft pays for a timed exclusive they must mandatory upon late launch get the definitive edition.

I'm not sure if that's a rule or just a cool thing that happens because companies want their games to sell. I can think of a ton of examples where games came to Xbox first and the PS3 got a nearly identical version.

Even Splinter Cell for GameCube got an exclusive new intro cutscene.

Wright said:
VGPolyglot said:

What about Viewtiful Joe? Did that get extra content?

Yeah. The PS2 version removed all the Nintendo references, got a teaser for Viewtiful Joe 2, a new difficulty mode and a Dante from Devil May Cry skin, content not found on the Gamecube version.

I have the PS2 version myself, haven't tried it out yet though. However, I've heard that the Gamecube version plays better.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Totally, breh. 7 launch games weren't enough, needed an 8th. Maybe MS wasnt willing to pay for full console rights again. DR3 didn't exactly set the world on fire and no one was begging for a 4th.

Sorry, I meant to say exclusive launch titles. You see, The only exclusives of note they had at launch was Dead Risng 3, Ryse and Killer Instinct. They were campaigning really hard for people to use the kinect for integration at the time so they put a little more emphasis on Dead Rising 3.

"meant exclusives" .... "of note"

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/16/b2/8616b2006ee7e9a479d05550161a3f9e.jpg

think-man said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Unless they shed a bit off the price, don't start here. DR1 and 2 are also on PS4. This one started off pretty good imho but got boring real fast thanks mostly to lack of co-op campaign. Instead you get co-op missions which aren't nearly as fun.

Has DR 1 & 2 aged well? 

Yes. I prefer the open world aspect of 3 but you can still enjoy 1 and 2. 4 is not that bad on it so own, just not nearly as good as previous ones. If they price it at like $40 then give it a whirl.