By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package coming to PS4 on December 5

VGPolyglot said:

I have the PS2 version myself, haven't tried it out yet though. However, I've heard that the Gamecube version plays better.

Yeah, but that's not because of extra content or anything. Afaik, multiplatforms generally ran and looked better on Gamecube than PS2.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Has PS4 had Dead Rising 3 yet though?

Microsoft paid for full exclusivity of that game because they had few launch titles. It turned profit but capcom must've realized the sales on the Xbox alone wouldn't cut it with part four.

To be fair, that wasn't a stereotypical "moneyhat to keep the game off x platform" situation. Capcom went on record and said the game wouldn't have happened without MS. They needed the money for the game to exist. Street Fighter 5 was a very similar situaiton for them.

But where's the big package?

d21lewis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Thank goodness Sony enacted that rule last gen where if Microsoft pays for a timed exclusive they must mandatory upon late launch get the definitive edition.

I'm not sure if that's a rule or just a cool thing that happens because companies want their games to sell. I can think of a ton of examples where games came to Xbox first and the PS3 got a nearly identical version.

Even Splinter Cell for GameCube got an exclusive new intro cutscene.

Microsoft has a rule that they apply to indie games ( I believe this is for non-indies too). It essentially calls for parity or no games at all. If it isnt at parity it must come early for them. I'll take Sonys over Microsofts any day. 

foodfather said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

When the superior version of ninja gaiden sigma 2 dropped on the ps3. It had extra bosses and levels that the Xbox version never got including multiplayer. It had extra skins, playable characters  and weapons. I remember reading about a late game rule. I believe it said either the game gets all the extra content or don't port it. Tecmo gave them more than that though. Lol they even threw in boob jiggle physics for the axis. Funny thing was that it as I played the Xbox 360 version and back then Xbox gamers were making fun of PlayStation gamers because the blood was taken out of the PS3 version. Honestly with all the added bonuses Xbox gamers must've felt screwed slightly.

Not quite. Sigma 2 was significantly dumbed down. No NGII fan would have been impressed. The extra content was all junk and the base content was no way near as good, from controls, weapons, gameplay and gore ( which effects gameplay). 

It wasnt dumbed down at all. They just took the blood out. I played both. I had the Xbox first last gen when Microsoft agreed to be the distributor of the Xbox version to keep it exclusive for some time. 

As I already addressed in my post, Xbox fans had something to say once they saw the late port additions. IMHO...after playing both, the Playstation version was superior. Blood isnt everything. Anything that adds more to the game helps in a wacky game like that anyway. 

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sorry, I meant to say exclusive launch titles. You see, The only exclusives of note they had at launch was Dead Risng 3, Ryse and Killer Instinct. They were campaigning really hard for people to use the kinect for integration at the time so they put a little more emphasis on Dead Rising 3.

"meant exclusives" .... "of note"

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/16/b2/8616b2006ee7e9a479d05550161a3f9e.jpg

I apologized for my mistake and noted what I was really saying. I wasnt switching goalposts. It was about the exclusives. Dead Rising 3 was the most hyped game they had at launch. Of course now, it doesnt hold up much at mid gen when better games are out.

LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sorry, I meant to say exclusive launch titles. You see, The only exclusives of note they had at launch was Dead Risng 3, Ryse and Killer Instinct. They were campaigning really hard for people to use the kinect for integration at the time so they put a little more emphasis on Dead Rising 3.

"meant exclusives" .... "of note"

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/16/b2/8616b2006ee7e9a479d05550161a3f9e.jpg

think-man said:

Has DR 1 & 2 aged well? 

Yes. I prefer the open world aspect of 3 but you can still enjoy 1 and 2. 4 is not that bad on it so own, just not nearly as good as previous ones. If they price it at like $40 then give it a whirl.

I just went and bought 2 on the advice of people from the thread, I've never played the franchise before so I'll be going in fresh. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
d21lewis said:

I'm not sure if that's a rule or just a cool thing that happens because companies want their games to sell. I can think of a ton of examples where games came to Xbox first and the PS3 got a nearly identical version.

Even Splinter Cell for GameCube got an exclusive new intro cutscene.

Microsoft has a rule that they apply to indie games ( I believe this is for non-indies too). It essentially calls for parity or no games at all. If it isnt at parity it must come early for them. I'll take Sonys over Microsofts any day. 

I actually heard this before but there are times when this doesn't happen either. There's so many exclusive dlc deals nowadays. Even a big game like Arkham Knight had PS4 content. Games like Outlast and Warframe came to Xbox late with no bonus stuff. I don't know...

It looks terrible.

It sold poorly, the media reviewed it poorly and its user reviews are pretty bad.

Generic, shallow, dull, buggy and unmemorable.

Honestly not sure who would be excited about this. Seems like the series has been in a constant decline.

d21lewis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I actually heard this before but there are times when this doesn't happen either. There's so many exclusive dlc deals nowadays. Even a big game like Arkham Knight had PS4 content. Games like Outlast and Warframe came to Xbox late with no bonus stuff. I don't know...

The parity clause AFAIK is only indies. And even then, MS makes exceptions. It's never been some ironclad policy. Personally I don't see what's so bad about one and great about the other. You'd never see someone championing the parity clause, but they're both policies that cause extra work for devs to benefit a platforms user base.