By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japanese losing interest in Switch due to shortage.

In years time or whenever supply fully meets demand they'll come back and buy one. I don't blame them. I would queue up every week just to enter a lottery to won a console.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
In years time or whenever supply fully meets demand they'll come back and buy one. I don't blame them. I would queue up every week just to enter a lottery to won a console.

I wouldn't, it sounds like a waste of time trying to queue up every week just for the small chance that I'd get one.

Xen said:
I really wonder as to why anyone would be frustrated and overreact in such a way. It's a game system. It's a luxury. Unless you have absolutely nothing else going on in your life, you can wait.

What's your favorite thing in the world. Now say the same thing about that.

I have a feeling they'll come around lol.

What I take away from this thread is that Japanese gamers are a bunch of tsunderes.

...Seems about right to me.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Xen said:
I really wonder as to why anyone would be frustrated and overreact in such a way. It's a game system. It's a luxury. Unless you have absolutely nothing else going on in your life, you can wait.

Seriously. I don't see how you'll die without it. I waited quite some time to get mine. Wasn't life changing or anything. 

Xen said:

First-world problems are real world problems.

Miyamotoo said:
Aeolus451 said:

They had repeated shortages with the variations of 3DS , amiibos and mini NES/NES classic. 

3DS rarely had shortages, and if you have 6 revisions of course that can be some shortages of some revision, Amiibos and Mini NES/SNES are not main products of Nintendo.

You sure about that? I saw alot of articles tallking about 3DS shortages. It doesn't matter if they main products or not, they're perfect examples of nintendo doing that. Why wouldn't nintendo use that practice with their consoles as well. 

routsounmanman said:
Just wait until Pokemon launches :3

Insert..

Xenoblade
Mario
Any first party Nintendo game.

Aeolus451 said:
Miyamotoo said:

3DS rarely had shortages, and if you have 6 revisions of course that can be some shortages of some revision, Amiibos and Mini NES/SNES are not main products of Nintendo.

You sure about that? I saw alot of articles tallking about 3DS shortages. It doesn't matter if they main products or not, they're perfect examples of nintendo doing that. Why wouldn't nintendo use that practice with their consoles as well. 

Yes I am sure, most important is that 3DS didn't had any stock issues on launch and in 1st year, while some revision had some stock issues in some point, but that's not really strange because 3DS had 6 revision. Of Course It does matter, Amiibo and NES/SNES Mini are not main products for Nintendo and they are not priority for them and they dont care about them like they care about DS/Wii/WiiU/3DS/Switch which are priority for them of course, Nintendo even admitted that NES Mini from start was intended to be just holiday console, same can be expect for SNES Mini. At end like I wrote, If we talk about their main products, last few generation they had shortages only with Wii and Switch, and both were selling better than was expected.