By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again Nintendo Switch Trailer

Zarkho said:
The first two were awesome... (Specially the original NMH). So much style and fun mechanics. I hope they make an Amiibo and feat Travis as a playable character in the next Super Smash Bros. Travis, Jack [From "Madworld"] and Bayonetta are my 3 fav. third party characters of all time...

Oh hell naaaaaaaawww! What's the matter Pimps, Playas, and Pain Purveyas? The Black Baron is the best thing to come out of MadWorld. 

I've only played No More Heroes 2, twice. Loved it. Excited to see Travis back in action.

Around the Network

So that's Bad Girl's dad.

Now that's a kickass trailer. Hopefully we'll get to see some gameplay soon.

This probably won't move the Switch needle much but I'm so glad to see it!

A collection of the first two games on Switch would be most welcome, also.

Is that the Stranger Things logo font they used? Pretty dope.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

I asked this because it seems that the game will take place inside that game thing of the trailer, and in the tv we see that the game is in 2D, so maybe this is a smaller project inside the no more heroes universe?But then again, that would kind of make the trailer false advertising, because of it being cinematic and such.

That thing Travis is playing is Hotline Miami, complete with the music of said game when the killer approaches him from behind. It's a nod, not meant to be deceiving or that it will the actual game you're playing.

What you're seeing is what you're getting: Travis Touchdown fighting people with his lightsaber, which is exactly how it goes on the previous No More Heroes. By the way, yes, they're great.

Wright said:
Nautilus said:

I asked this because it seems that the game will take place inside that game thing of the trailer, and in the tv we see that the game is in 2D, so maybe this is a smaller project inside the no more heroes universe?But then again, that would kind of make the trailer false advertising, because of it being cinematic and such.

That thing Travis is playing is Hotline Miami, complete with the music of said game when the killer approaches him from behind. It's a nod, not meant to be deceiving or that it will the actual game you're playing.

What you're seeing is what you're getting: Travis Touchdown fighting people with his lightsaber, which is exactly how it goes on the previous No More Heroes. By the way, yes, they're great.

Yeah, after someone mentioned this on this thread, I realized that.I feel kind of silly now!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Wright said:
Nautilus said:

They said in the trailer that they would travel through six indie game worlds and that they are working toghether with other indie studios, so I think it's more than just a nod. But i don't think that the game neccissarily transitions into a retro 2D sprite game when they visit for example HMs world. It will probably incoorperate the pixel aesthetic into the 3D models and the classic gameplay will be intact. Thats my best guess anyways.

Ohhhh, if that is an exclusive for the Switch, indeed it is a boon for me. They'd need more games, of course, but this is a start. This looks great.

HintHRO said:
VGPolyglot said:

Are Grasshapper Manufacture considered to be an indie developer? I don't know if this means that the scale will be small, or if it just means that they consider themselves indie developers and the game will be as ambitiout as its predecessors.

I don't recall NMH1 and 2 being indie-games for 20$ or less on the Wii Shop. They were full-priced retail games. Same goes for Killer7, Shadow of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw and probably more. 

Independently-developed (which is what indie is short for) does not imply low quality, small content, or low price. The fact that most developers who can afford to develop their games indepenently usually have to settle for smaller projects doesn't mean they're all inherently like that.