By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - North Korea launches missile that flies over Japan, Jp Prime Minister reacts

CaptainExplosion said:
Leadified said:

The trajectory of the missile was probably identified so Japan knew it was not going to land on it's territory. So perhaps it's better to just let it fall into the ocean to avoid spending millions or billions of yen on activating missile defence and possible political backlash. It also does make North Korea appearing as an aggressor on the international stage too which works in favour of Japan and it's allies.

APPEARING as? North Korea IS the aggressor. They're a bunch of nuclear idiots who want everyone else dead just because they think they can do it.

North Korea has no chance in a nuclear exchange, so no.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
VGPolyglot said:

As I said, if they actually did nuke someone, it'd eliminate their entire gameplan as they can no longer use that as a deterrent.

Then millions die anyways. The world simply can't close their eyes to it and say he'll never use it. besides, people don't often build one bomb and say they're done.

Well, considering how much we've been talking about it, we're obviously not closing our eyes to it.

VGPolyglot said:
bigtakilla said:

Then millions die anyways. The world simply can't close their eyes to it and say he'll never use it. besides, people don't often build one bomb and say they're done.

Well, considering how much we've been talking about it, we're obviously not closing our eyes to it.

But people are saying ignore a festering issue.

bigtakilla said:
VGPolyglot said:

And others want to solve an issue by causing another issue that is much more deadly and severe.

VGPolyglot said:
bigtakilla said:

And others want to solve an issue by causing another issue that is much more deadly and severe.

Does the ends justify the means? Can we afford to shrug and say "oh, he'll never use them"? I guess that's where are views differ. No way in hell, the magnitude of what he has vs will have is catastrophically different if we continue sitting.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
VGPolyglot said:

Does the ends justify the means? Can we afford to shrug and say "oh, he'll never use them"? I guess that's where are views differ. No way in hell, the magnitude of what he has vs will have is catastrophically different if we continue sitting.

They'll never be a huge nuclear power, their capacity is nowhere near what China, Russia and the United States are.

Realistically, the US has no reason to declare war on North Korea. NK stepped out of the nuclear-proliferation treaty long ago, so what they're doing right now is not against any international law. As a sovereign nation, they have every right to develop nuclear weapons. Sure, they're testing weapons in international waters and they trash talk every now and then but so is the US.

I say just let it be. It's not like North Korea is developing a Tsar bomb or anything. Plus it is just so damn unlikely they will ever use those weapons. They would be killing themselves with it and they know it. The way it is, North Korea is making sure with the use of nuclear weapons that no outer force will invade the country. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing. China is happy, Russia is happy, there is no world war with a billion or more deaths. Let's just keep it that way, ok?

Sure, North Korea doesn't have democracy, people are suffering there and everything. But it isn't the goddamn job of the US to bring peace with the use of heavy weapons to every nation in the world. North Korea will have to work that one out for itself, be it by a civil war or whatever. It's just no business to the US. Plain and simple. If they want to help, organize ways for people to escape the country or something. Just don't do it by bombing the country to the middle ages. I know the US really likes doing that, but it didn't work in Vietnam, it didn't work in Iraq, it didn't work in Afghanistan and it sure as hell won't work in North Korea. So just don't do it.

Lastly, if North Korea should really be so stupid to use a nuke at one point, the world can still strike back. In such a scenario, North Korea would be all alone and the war would be over within days. Even if that would lead to an insane tragedy and possibly the complete destruction of Seoul, it would still have way way less victims than shooting first.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

VGPolyglot said:
bigtakilla said:

They'll never be a huge nuclear power, their capacity is nowhere near what China, Russia and the United States are.

True, but the point remains that stopping him now before he gets nukes will be far less taxing on lives than waiting for him to abtain long range missile capabilities and nuclear weapons. He is firing missiles around Japan, and has repeatedly disregarded the UN when being told he is not allowed to test or abtain nukes. And believe me, it isn't like he isn't threatening everyone with missiles already.

bigtakilla said:
VGPolyglot said:

True, but the point remains that stopping him now before he gets nukes will be far less taxing on lives than waiting for him to abtain long range missile capabilities and nuclear weapons. He is firing missiles around Japan, and has repeatedly disregarded the UN when being told he is not allowed to test or abtain nukes. And believe me, it isn't like he isn't threatening everyone with missiles already.

The US constantly threatens people too, should the US be invaded too then? They're a much bigger power than North Korea ever will be. The US also constantly disregards the UN, and vetoes many resolutions that would condemn then. Of course, this is whataboutism, so I guess I shouldn't bring it up. However, it'll be like Iraq, where the invasion results in a worse situation than what was there before.

VGPolyglot said:
bigtakilla said:

The US constantly threatens people too, should the US be invaded too then? They're a much bigger power than North Korea ever will be. The US also constantly disregards the UN, and vetoes many resolutions that would condemn then. Of course, this is whataboutism, so I guess I shouldn't bring it up. However, it'll be like Iraq, where the invasion results in a worse situation than what was there before.

If it's retaliation of a threat, no. If it's random aggerssiion then we should kick the crazy fuck out of office.