By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So, only a laggyyy noob can kill you... mmm interesting...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

@Elnino

I know all too well lol. I've been playing games like Counter-Strike and TFC (now TF2) for years. I was mainly defending people who might not have the same ping as others.

Anyway, I would like to know how the maps are and I also like playing in the ground war mode  

Griffin said:

I see that you guys have the new maps out, can you guys tell me about them so far, how do they play, do they seem imbalanced, like one side has a much better position then the other, like most of the other maps. Is their a seperate mode that you select if you want to play the new levels or do you just have to select the normal mode and get them by chance. Do snipers have it good with any of these maps, or are you better suited to grabbing an M16 or an ACoG on one of the rifles.

Can you play domination or ground war on all the maps? I was watching the new videos of the four maps at GT and the guy playing is a noob and each one of his kills was due to lag, so it brought back memories of all the times i died to laggy noobs and the reason why i stopped playing the game.

there are 4 maps, i've spent about6 hours on them over the weekend, mostly team deathmatch and team objective. There is 3 new menu options, Team deathmatch(new DLC only) Team Objective(new DLC only(Objective randomly chooses Sabatoge/domination/search and Destroy), and finialy Team Hardcore(new DLC only)

in these modes you can try Chinatown, Creek, Broadcast. Killhouse is the only one that is seperate and can only be played in team tactical or cage match(and it's mixed with the old maps.) so it's hard to get unless you custom choose it. which I have just to try and it's nice, if they open it to team play it'll be as insane as shipment is.

Now the maps:

Chinatown

is simply awesome it's very well balanced and it's insane, it's not to big and it seems like there is no safe location on the map, there are alot of windows you can shoot from little alley ways to sneak through, even a third floor a roof to jump out on, a sort of sub basement. It's fun in both objective and deathmatch. You'll probably try multiple strategies.

Broadcast

Another great board, in fact this is probably the most variety I've seen in one map. There are are a few burned out building on one end where you could snipe people in the parking lot, or other roofs from., then there is the out door section, mostly a parking lot and side alley of the building, a bit of grass in front of the lobby. But most action is in the tv station building. Large multi level lobby, bathroom(gets alot of action, plus perfect camping spot in two of the stalls) The roof gets alot of action too it has three ways of getting to it and every time I run straight there I'm in a battle with at least 2-3 guys. plus the roof has a sky light to shoot in the building. The board is great fun and because of the variety and size, you'll probably find yourself picking particular strategies moreso then the run and gun feel of chinatown. This board works well with both objective/deathmatch.

Creek

Creek is a good board, but it's the kind of level that favors snipers, is large, but has plenty of little quirks, like caves, high up vantage points, there is a house on the edge of the creek by the end of the level that you can get on the roof too. That seems to be the big secret. in the creek there is also a cave that snakes off to the other end of the board, it's also were they'll put on of the headquarters locations, be careful of the cave every time you get 3 or 4 guys in there someone dumps a grenade and wipes out your team. So it's an interesting board and some will love it, some will hate it. It's okay for deathmatch better for objective gameplay.

The servers in general seem to be favoring chinatown, especially for objective play, and to a lesser extent Creek, I've hardly touched Broadcast for objective play, for death match broadcast and chinatown are favored over creek. I don't know if this is my experience or an actual formula programmed in. Chinatown in general is the most favored, that may be because it's based on an old favorite from call of duty 2, and hence already has alot going for it. nonetheless it's worth any penny. 

If you have any questions let me know.

I'm surprised no one else had anything to say about the maps.

@fooflexible
Thank you for all the information, sounds like the new maps have alot going for them. But i don't understand why they would put killhouse seperate. Shipment is a small map and offers many different types of gameplay and weapons choices on the map, so it would make sense that killhouse would be fine with 12 players too.

@FJ-Warez
I never said that only laggy noobs can kill me. I also just went and played 4matches of ground war and i died to a whole bunch of good players that were laggy. Overall lag accounts for around 50% of my deaths, explosives account for about 20%, snipers are about 5%, heli's and airstrikes account for about 10%. The other 15% our guys that get the jump on me before i can put them down.

Around the Network
fooflexible said:
I'm surprised no one else had anything to say about the maps.

That's because you did such a great job on the summaries of each map! Also your idea of the formula of choosing maps may be spot on. I've seen the same patterns of selection for the maps.

Edit: A bit off topic but I feel they could have added more than a few maps. How about some new weapons or something. Maybe some new camo for the weapons after the different prestige levels.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I love love love FPS's and I just don't get the popularity of COD4. Don't get me wrong. I have it, and I play from time to time. I had the 360 beta and was kinda hooked for awhile.

But it's the same damn game we've all been playing for years, only with ranked games that having nothing to do with whether you can play the game or not - only how LONG you've played.

It's fun but WAY over-rated IMO. I'll take TF2, Warhawk, Battlefield and Resitance and say they are all just as good and just as much fun. I might even put Frontlines on there for MP. I prefer Halo over them all, but that's just because of my personal preference and my gaming history more than anything else.

So no opinion on the maps, as I didn't buy them.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Haha, I remember the days of PC gaming when lag was an excuse...it's funny to see console gamers catching up.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I heard that if you DL the new map you can get double XP points.
but not if you buy the new COD4 edition.

can't verify though. Anyone?

Coca-Cola said:
I heard that if you DL the new map you can get double XP points.
but not if you buy the new COD4 edition.

can't verify though. Anyone?

In the videos on GT the guy playing is getting double XP for each kill, i'm not sure if this is forever with the new maps or just for the week or something.