By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 CoD4 owners

I see that you guys have the new maps out, can you guys tell me about them so far, how do they play, do they seem imbalanced, like one side has a much better position then the other, like most of the other maps.  Is their a seperate mode that you select if you want to play the new levels or do you just have to select the normal mode and get them by chance.  Do snipers have it good with any of these maps, or are you better suited to grabbing an M16 or an ACoG on one of the rifles.

Can you play domination or ground war on all the maps?  I was watching the new videos of the four maps at GT and the guy playing is a noob and each one of his kills was due to lag, so it brought back memories of all the times i died to laggy noobs and the reason why i stopped playing the game.

Around the Network

I'm sorry, but how does having lag mean that somebody is a 'noob'?

IllegalPaladin said:
I'm sorry, but how does having lag mean that somebody is a 'noob'?

I never said that having lag makes him a noob, i said that he was a noob and each one of his kills was due to lag.  Go watch him.  And i don't care that there are noobs, i know not everyone is good at the game, but to put the video up on a major gaming site of a noob playing is not right.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32590.html

You said that you "died to laggy noobs"

LoL I always loved the Lag excuse for kills or getting killed. My friends say it all the time and is just dumb and annoying. Basically why even play if the whole game is just attributed to lag anyways?

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
You said that you "died to laggy noobs"

I still never meant that having lag makes them noobs, just that the noobs all lag and they kill me.

elnino334 said:
LoL I always loved the Lag excuse for kills or getting killed. My friends say it all the time and is just dumb and annoying. Basically why even play if the whole game is just attributed to lag anyways?

How is it an excuse, there is lag and i die. If there was no lag i would of not died, that sounds like something to complain about, the lag is also very visible in CoD4.  I play becasue the game is fun and there are not any other online FPS games right now that i want to play.

wow, this derailed pretty fast...

Back on topic - You should of purchased the 360 version

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

elnino334 said:

Yea, it's an interesting excuse, but I wouldn't completely rule out lag happening like you're saying. I mean, Call of Duty 4 has this moment delay for me when I played it on the PS3 at my apartment. For example, I throw a grenade and the hand does the animation of throwing it, but the grenade doesn't actually appear in-game and fly where I was trying to throw it after a delay. A great example to show how present the delay can be is by slashing a wall with the knife. I believe the clinking sound of hitting the wall is nearly instant with the actual slash. Online however, the sound of the slash and clink of hitting an object doesn't occur until moments after the slash has been executed. 

Heck, I think that being able to get kills while having a disadvantage is a big accomplishment. 

IllegalPaladin said:
elnino334 said:

Yea, it's an interesting excuse, but I wouldn't completely rule out lag happening like you're saying. I mean, Call of Duty 4 has this moment delay for me when I played it on the PS3 at my apartment. For example, I throw a grenade and the hand does the animation of throwing it, but the grenade doesn't actually appear in-game and fly where I was trying to throw it after a delay. A great example to show how present the delay can be is by slashing a wall with the knife. I believe the clinking sound of hitting the wall is nearly instant with the actual slash. Online however, the sound of the slash and clink of hitting an object doesn't occur until moments after the slash has been executed. 

Heck, I think that being able to get kills while having a disadvantage is a big accomplishment. 

Of course there may be lag from time to time but some people attribute all their deaths to it.  Is like they are the best players ever and only way they can die is because of lag LOL.  That is my main point really.  I am just really making fun griffin because his the typical fps stereotype of I only die because I was lagging so they are really just noobs.  Sorry if I derailed the topic but at least it gets bumped a little so he can get a responce :)