By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DigitalFoundry : [4K] Rise of the Tomb Raider: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro First Look

Early in the gen when I was looking at x1 vs ps4 videos and everyone was saying ps4 looked better I seen marginal differences.

Looking at this I also see marginal differences with the x1x looking better.

Marginal differences haven't ever equaled more fun for me but if your looking for the best visual quality ps4p shouldn't be able to match it.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I am not a cute girl and even if I was, unless you had a Titan, you wouldn't interest me. 

Why am I even talking to you?

Cause you like xbox and you want to defend it like it was ur only child

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Snoopy said:

Why am I even talking to you?

Cause you like xbox and you want to defend it like it was ur only child

Im just trying to protect an American product from being kamikaze by a Japanese anime users such as yourself. 

DISCLAIMER: IT'S A JOKE, NOBODY IS GETTING HURT AND I DON'T MEAN IT. ITS CALLED SARCASM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCdrRmJjyk&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=ieUba7Kee07Tp-l7-6

Snoopy said:

Here is another good image.

Saw this on GAF. Pretty hilarious. The gaming memes were the most entertaining part of the PS4/Xbone bickering at launch. Should see a triumphant return :)

Around the Network

The game still does not look that good to me. Horizon Zero Dawn looks far better, and offers a true open world to boot. Uncharted 4 at its worst completely blows RotTR away. For a game that was originally marketed as a XB1 exclusive, getting a genuine update that makes full use of the X hardware was a given. Still not impressed though.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Snoopy said:

Here is another good image.

This one made me chuckle, I have to admit

OT: an expected minimal upgrade. TR is not the perfect example, and we will probably see even more impressive results later on. Its a curious time to be an active gamer with all the options we are getting

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

What a surprise. They look exactly the same.

I don't think a two year old game is the best example though.

We'll need to wait on a larger sample group before we can come to any firm conclusions, but as things stand the results are about what i predicted a few months back. An overall nice improvement (especially for those who value IQ), but one small enough that anyone who was apathetic to PS4 vs X1 differences isn't likley to feel a great deal differently here.

Looks almost 50% better and runs almost 50% better. Who would've thought when the X1X hardware is almost 50% better.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.