By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opinion Article: Switch Portability Speaks To Me Greater Than 4K Gaming

Do you agree with the Article?

Yes 105 66.46%

No 33 20.89%

Depends on the game 15 9.49%

I have no opinion on this subject 5 3.16%

Total:158

"Unlike the Wii U, the Nintendo Switch actually entices me to buy third-party games on the console/handheld hybrid. If you didn’t know, I run Nintendo Enthusiast’s sister site, PlayStation Enthusiast. So obviously, the PlayStation 4 is my go-to platform of choice. Why? Most of the credit goes to the exceptional first-party games (Uncharted, Horizon: Zero Dawn). Although I’d be lying if I said that PSN trophies had nothing to do with it. (I’m addicted to trophies, please send help) I purchased the Nintendo Switch not long after the console launched to play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (of course). Unexpectedly, during my time with Breath of the Wild, I fell in love with the Switch hardware itself."

This is what tells me that Nintendo went in the right direction with the Switch. They’re getting me, a trophy-addicted, diehard PlayStation fan, to choose their version of a game. That’s an incredible feat — kudos, Nintendo. The last console generation, I wouldn’t have even considered buying the Wii U version of something like Madden. Now? It’s a whole different ballgame. I was going to get The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PS4, but why do that when I can get the Switch version, and have a huge open-world RPG in the palm of my hands, anywhere I go? I would have never thought having a game the size and scope of Skyrim running on a handheld would ever be a reality even just three years ago.

Click Here to Read More

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I was curious what the forums have to say about this article. I thought I was in the minority about this opinion but I keep seeing these kind of articles everywhere so maybe I am not. Any thoughts VGC?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Well I don't have a 4k TV yet so me too.

I don't have a 4K TV, while I do have handhelds, so yeah, it is more of interest to me. However, for me, the portability isn't even what makes me buy handhelds/the Switch, it's the games. If it has great games, I'll want the console.

I do appreciate the portability, in fact I'm hoping for a cheaper switch without the dock

Around the Network

The answer is pretty obvious from a market cap perspective.

Yeah, pretty much

Good for whoever wrote the article. I wish everyone could be so satisfied with their Switch.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The Switch will only get better as technology advances. Resolution? Eh.

I don't think I'll need anything past 4k, let alone 1080p. I'll take portability, especially since mobile technology is rapidly improving

Well he is right.