By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Xenoblade 2 gameplay

Mar1217 said:
monocle_layton said:
Why does the environment seem less detailed than XCX? Is it early gameplay footage or what?

Look at the lighthing and the water. It's above XCX. Same for the rock texture. Didn't looked at the draw distance though ...

Yeah I'd agree with that!

XCX was pretty darn good as far as I'm concerned though, so even if this game was on basically the same level, I'd be totally ok with that. 

Around the Network

Yep, that's Xenoblade alright.
I haven't been too eager to see game play videos because I was already sold on the game from the moment it was revealed.
Damn, the water looks gorgeous.

Gonna avoid gameplay until the game comes out.

I think I've expressed enough times how much XCX disappointed me so I'm remaining cautious about this game.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Is no one going to talk about that city? On the whole, Zelda's areas looked sort of bland and ruined on account of it being post apocalyptic. But that city at the end looked amazing. Way better than New L.A.

You know that thing when you uhhh...and then you...hmmm. But then you have to...umm, Yuh.

Yeah the low stream quality and youtube compression don't flatter the graphics.

Looking passed that though, finally an environment that lives up to the series pedigree of breathtaking worlds.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Can you play it at Gamescom? I'm heading there tomorrow so I'll check it out. I need some jrpg goodnight on the switch.

I dont think so.From what I read, the IGN preview was done behind closed doors.I could be wrong though.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The music...THE MUSIC....it's so amazing.

The enviroment looks so gorgeous and incredible and the city looks beautiful too. I need this game now.

Hopefully they iron out the framerate by the time of release.

Keybladewielder said:

The music...THE MUSIC....it's so amazing.

The enviroment looks so gorgeous and incredible and the city looks beautiful too. I need this game now.

Hopefully they iron out the framerate by the time of release.

Worth pointing out that several of the frame drops seem to correlate to stream issues.  I'm sure it will be solid, the original had only rare instances of mild slow down and XCX only had I think one scenario that reliably caused a noteworthy hitch.

Watch the gameplay on the Nintendo UK 8-hour video, the ones from NintendoEveryhting and others are just rough.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Looking very good, my only problem with XCX was the story so I hope they improve that.