By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry first look at Skyrim Switch

They're guesstimating it runs at the Switch screen's native 720p in portable mode, with a completely locked 30fps.

No word yet on docked mode.

Around the Network

Nice to see it would appear to be a solid port.
Not sure if i will buy it. I just got Skyrim last year on PC.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

oh.... 'member when the NX was supposed to be more powerful than the PS4 + being a portable??

I 'member....

curl-6 said:

They're guesstimating it runs at 720p in portable mode with a completely locked 30fps.

No word yet on docked mode.

I'll be happy so long as it runs well. The one happy surprise to me is just how good lower resolutions look on the Switch's smaller screen in portable mode... the resolution compromise is often obvious when docked, but looks great when held in the hand. 

Too bad I finished this game start to finish twice on PS3 and then PC, else I would have concidered it.
Great for anyone who *in whatever way ever* missed this game, it still holds up altough I do think The Witcher 3 was a lot better

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Skyrim on the go ! Yes !

Great to see and hear

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I might be enough of a sucker to buy it three times: PS3, PS4, Switch

Well, that's kinda disappointing for what has become a fairly old game, I assume docked mode has better performance though. I remember the first edition of the game running pretty badly on PS3 and 360 as well, major stutter and fps drops and crazy loading times.
Have they confirmed the insane loading times that we heard of earlier in the Switch version?

setsunatenshi said:
oh.... 'member when the NX was supposed to be more powerful than the PS4 + being a portable??

I 'member....

No, no one does because no one who was reasonably discussing  the Switch/NX actually thought that. Please don't resort to this type of discussion.