By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your unpopular/controversial gaming opinions

Snoopy said:
EricFabian said:
Xbox brand did nothing for game community. Nothing. It will never be important as Nintendo or Sony. NEVER

Despite Microsoft making online console gaming great, made FPS on consoles work well,  brought acheivements, easy to develop hardware oppose to Sony making complicated architectures.

This is fairly reasonable, Microsoft have made positive contributions to the industry in the past and this shouldn't be forgott...

OT: I wish Microsoft went through with the 24 hour online check in. Used games causes more harm than good.

Nope! 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

This thread is sick.

I believe the correct way to say this is "This thread are sick".

@OP: 

- Ocarina of Time has never once been the best in the series for me. ALTTP and Wind Waker are two much better games.
- Among the main series, Final Fantasy X is one of the worst game in the series.
- Halo is nothing special.
- World of Warcraft destroyed Warcraft.
- Nintendo and Miyamoto aren't the Gods of gaming.

Go away . 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Hynad said:

I believe the correct way to say this is "This thread are sick".

@OP: 

- Ocarina of Time has never once been the best in the series for me. ALTTP and Wind Waker are two much better games.
- Among the main series, Final Fantasy X is one of the worst game in the series.
- Halo is nothing special.
- World of Warcraft destroyed Warcraft.
- Nintendo and Miyamoto aren't the Gods of gaming.

Go away . 

Maybe when you finally do the same.

Hynad said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Go away . 

Maybe when you finally do the same.

Huh ? Don't reply me plz.

- Battle Network is the best of the Megaman series
- Arkham Knight is the best Arkham
- Bioshock 2 is better than 1

Around the Network

I don't really think Nintendo's online is that bad on Switch. I play Splatoon 2, ARMS, MK8D, and USF2 online and they run well. Sure I get a disconnect once in a blue moon but it's not something I haven't experienced before on other consoles, and by that I mean PS4 and Xbox 360. I mean Wii U was a little worse with Smash Bros., but even the lag and dropouts weren't often. And I'm sure you'll find videos of online issues related to games like Battlefield, Diablo, or Street Fighter V. Granted, this is coming from someone who doesn't care for voice chat due to mediocre experiences in the past.

I think the differences between handheld and home consoles don't matter much to me. However they present themselves, they're consoled through and through. They play video games so I don't want things like handheld gaming being undermined when talked about. Appreciate successes like the DS and GBA like you appreciate the PS2 and Wii. Being cheaper to buy and whatnot shouldn't undermine great handheld consoles and their success. I don't care if handheld gaming is cheaper, customers still gotta buy them to matter.

Also, I don't know if you can really determine the fan base of Nintendo based on home console sales alone. There are things like the excitement in their upcoming theme parks, Pokémon repping Japan in the World Cup, and the inclusion of Mario in the hand off during the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics last year to an ovation.

Mystro-Sama said:
- Battle Network is the best of the Megaman series
- Arkham Knight is the best Arkham
- Bioshock 2 is better than 1

OMG another Battle Network fan! Megaman.EXE is the best Megaman imo.

1. Pokemon 4th gen was the best Pokemon games.

2. Kingdom Hearts franchise isn't that great.

3. Skyrim is a boring rpg.

FF7>6 but Kefka>Sephiroth. First one is probably not that controversial though.

Snoopy said:

OT: I wish Microsoft went through with the 24 hour online check in. Used games causes more harm than good.

I know this thread is unpopular opinions, but let me just say : What a terrible opinion!

fleischr said:
The Dual Shock 4 is the worst controller of this generation - primarily for it's awful battery life, lack of options to improve that, and the barebones charging solution out the box.

Agreed. It's honestly sad how little people care about the  issues with the DS4 controller. 

I have an unpopular/controversial preference, if that counts.

I don't like playing as female characters. Never have, never will.