By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your unpopular/controversial gaming opinions

Another one I just realized. Halo Reach's soundtrack is as good as Halo 1-3's soundtracks. Now, it's not my favorite. That would probably be 2 or maybe 3. But as someone who started with Reach, I honestly feel as if it gets the short end of the stick. Like people barely bring up it's phenomenal soundtrack. 

I mean this might be my favorite song in all of Halo, tied with Halo 2's menu theme (and yes, it counts, because even though it says "extra" it takes place at the last segment of Reach) : 

Of course, there's an obvious reason why this is the case. Halo Reach's soundtrack works almost exclusively for Reach, and Halo 1-3 have a very hemogenous soundtrack. Even the beginning of Halo 2's menu theme is like 1's. 

Still, I probably would agree the original trilogy has a better soundtrack, Reach's is just so amazing too.

Like honestly, when Destiny came out and I could rarely distinguish a tune .. I was kind of shocked. I'm sure that if I listened to Destiny's soundtrack on it's own it would be ok, but in game I rarely noticed it.

Around the Network

Trying to think of something, but can't think of anything other than FF7 being horribly outdated (recently tried playing again). Xenogears is way better imo.

flashfire926 said:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is drab, soulless, and generic fantasy game, with no personality. Skyrim destroys it in almost every way possible.

edit: The Xbox 360 is a vastly superior console than the PS3.

You are dead to me lol

Nautilus said:
For the most part, games should not have multiples difficulties.If a developer inteds for a game to be hard, it should be experienced as so.If a developer intends a game to be easy, it should be experienced as so.People give too much importance to player "freedom of choice" and forget that this sometimes leads to a lesser playing experience.

Agreed

coolbeans said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

So do you mean that the ones you highlighted are facts or controversial opinions? I don't get it.

The ones I bolded I was validating as "facts."  

Still they count as controversial opinions because the majority will disagree with this.

Around the Network

The 3D Sonic games aren't bad.
The media is heavily biased against Xbox.

Skyward Sword is underrated. It was the only LOZ game that made me care about Zelda as a character. It had endless charm. Plus, the music was amazing too.

Breath of the Wild is overrated. When you take the open world approach away, the game's essentially a 'greatest hits' compilation of the Zelda series. There's nothing really new. It's the same old story, with the same old characters, items, and setting. With no memorable bosses either, it just makes me think that, without the Nintendo and Zelda name, the game wouldn't've received anywhere near the amount of praise it did.

RJTM1991 said:
The 3D Sonic games aren't bad.
The media is heavily biased against Xbox.

Skyward Sword is underrated. It was the only LOZ game that made me care about Zelda as a character. It had endless charm. Plus, the music was amazing too.

Breath of the Wild is overrated. When you take the open world approach away, the game's essentially a 'greatest hits' compilation of the Zelda series. There's nothing really new. It's the same old story, with the same old characters, items, and setting. With no memorable bosses either, it just makes me think that, without the Nintendo and Zelda name, the game wouldn't've received anywhere near the amount of praise it did.

Couldn't agree more.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

RolStoppable said:
flashfire926 said:

Couldn't agree more.

Reality is biased against Xbox.

Couldn't agree more

RolStoppable said:
flashfire926 said:

Couldn't agree more.

Reality is biased against Xbox.

Iol I think you forgot that this is an inpopular opinion thread and not a popular opinion thread :P

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Nintendo's da best