By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anybody playing Uncharted LL? What are your impressions?

"Starts off feeling like a B-team project, but the more you play the more it shines. Familiar setups and somewhat forced exposition soon give way to natural chemistry, an even handed variety of gameplay, and some of the widest design and smartest puzzles of the franchise, culminating in arguably its funnest and most satisfying climax (and best convoy chase yet!).

I had my doubts reading reviews talking about the new leads being able to carry the torch from here if wanted, but Chloe and company proved themselves worthy. I had my doubts about this shorter, more iterative expansion being worth the potential $40 price tag, but in the end I came away with a wide grin, feeling it's worth every penny. Well done, Naughty Dog. Even your side projects stand above the crowd."

9/10

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
d21lewis said:

It doesn't look like it's in 4K on PS4 Pro, either.

Its supposedly somewhere around or just over 1440 Native, checkerboarded up to 4k, digital foundry have a hard time placeing it.

But its 60fps and lots of AA, and has HDR.

Havnt played it but saw some screenshots & Gifs from neogaf ,and I think the game looks amasing:

It didn't feel like a 60fps game.  I think it is 30fps.

Dissapointed by a game because "doesn't look 4k" and doesn't blow away other games graphically. If that's all what's wrong with the game... Well... I guess this's the kind of gamers we have nowadays =P

Angelv577 said:
JRPGfan said:

Its supposedly somewhere around or just over 1440 Native, checkerboarded up to 4k, digital foundry have a hard time placeing it.

But its 60fps and lots of AA, and has HDR.

Havnt played it but saw some screenshots & Gifs from neogaf ,and I think the game looks amasing:

Yeah mybad was reading a article where DF showed it at 60fps,....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-watch-uncharted-the-lost-legacy-running-on-ps4-pro-at-60fps

But its actually a 30fps one, not sure how they went about getting it up to 60fps in that video... smart video editing or such (slow motion + speed up 200%).

JRPGfan said:
Angelv577 said:

Yeah mybad was reading a article where DF showed it at 60fps,....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-watch-uncharted-the-lost-legacy-running-on-ps4-pro-at-60fps

But its actually a 30fps one, not sure how they went about getting it up to 60fps in that video... smart video editing or such (slow motion + speed up 200%).

"Regular Digital Foundry readers may remember that we've pulled off this trick before, showing Uncharted 4 running at 1080p60. The methodology for The Lost Legacy is the same: game modifiers include the same slow motion mode found in the older game. We capture with this in effect, then run the footage at double-speed, giving a silky-smooth, game-changing presentation."

Around the Network

I have it and like it so far! I especially enjoy the high quality of the writing and character development and the increased emphasis on environmental puzzle-solving, which helps balance out the game play features of Uncharted adventuring, IMO. Chloe's backstory is particularly fascinating to me!

It's not a revolutionary game though by any means. The core game play hasn't changed in any truly big way from Uncharted 4 and the environmental aesthetics are also similar to past Uncharted games. Still, that's not a terrible thing.

I'm about four hours in, so may finish tonight or tomorrow if it's indeed a six-hour playthrough like they tell me. But tentatively I would say this game deserves a score of 85% or so. I liked Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (and a number of other games this year) better, but it's still worth your while to check this one out.

(As to the matter of graphics, the level of detail sure impressed me! I don't know what some others are complaining about in that connection.)

Zarkho said:
Dissapointed by a game because "doesn't look 4k" and doesn't blow away other games graphically. If that's all what's wrong with the game... Well... I guess this's the kind of gamers we have nowadays =P

I'm disappointed because I'm a few hours in and all I'm doing is driving from hub to hub killing bad guys with an almost non existent narrative. Game looks great and played great. Has a few graphical glitches but nothing too bad. Still amongst the best I've ever seen. I'm hoping that after I find the last... Whatever it is I'm looking for...the game picks up. Haven't played it in two days. I've been playing Super Hot VR instead.

Compared to Uncharted 1-4 which i had to force myself to stop playing and (with 2&4 I constantly tweeted "best game ever"). I was excited for this one mainly because of the female protagonists. I figured they'd bring something new to the series. It may get better but right now the DLC roots are showing.

d21lewis said:
Zarkho said:

I'm disappointed because I'm a few hours in and all I'm doing is driving from hub to hub killing bad guys with an almost non existent narrative. Game looks great and played great. Has a few graphical glitches but nothing too bad. Still amongst the best I've ever seen. I'm hoping that after I find the last... Whatever it is I'm looking for...the game picks up. Haven't played it in two days. I've been playing Super Hot VR instead.

Compared to Uncharted 1-4 which i had to force myself to stop playing and (with 2&4 I constantly tweeted "best game ever"). I was excited for this one mainly because of the female protagonists. I figured they'd bring something new to the series. It may get better but right now the DLC roots are showing.

It gets better; really tightens up once you open the gate. 

TallSilhouette said:
d21lewis said:

It gets better; really tightens up once you open the gate. 

It's not bad at all. I've probably taken a hundred pics with the excellent photo mode and I love the little hidden things scattered throughout the hub world. I'll probably jump on it tonight after my wife falls asleep. It's still a must play.

Completed it on normal. Going to play through again collecting all the reminding treasures.

It feels like a lean, mean version of a full uncharted. It has the pacing of Uncharted 2, a new take on some of the best set pieces from the series, the best and most puzzle sections as well as tombs from any uncharted game to date along with trademark graphics, sound and story.

It's my favourite uncharted to date and the best thing is it has auto aim as an option and it doesn't have waves and waves of enemies.