By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did anyone pre-order the Xbox One X?

Tagged games:

How excited are you?

9/10 20 10.31%

10/10 53 27.32%

Woooooooooo- 15 7.73%

-ooooooooooo!!! 106 54.64%

Total:194
Tulipanzo said:
d21lewis said:

This, really. 

I have 2 PS4s, 3 Xbox Ones, a Switch, a WiiU, two Xbox 360s, and a PS3 Slim currently connected to TVs throughout my home. I knew what I was getting into with each of them before purchase. I use them all to some degree on a regular basis. Who spends a few hundred dollars on something they don't want?

Unless the purpose is to say "I hate Xbox so much I bought one just so I won't play it!"

Too which, I just say "*shrugs*"

-snippety snip-

I'll give you most everything in this post (which I had to snip down), though I will disagree with having any expectations/hope for the brand - ever since Kinect, for the most part, it's as if Microsoft has truly stopped trying to appeal to ye olde hardcore gamer - the Microsoft that I remember the hungry one, basically the pre 2011-now Nemesis to Sony - it's because of the "early" years of the X360 that I picked up a used X360E a week or so ago with intention to play lots of the older stuff that the system got. I am also discovering original Xbox titles thanks to X360 backward compatibility, as well.

...but post-Kinect Xbox, yeah, I flat out ignore. The only times I posted in the MS forums here after those years are the times of the original XBO reveal, to really laugh at the insane vision MS had. The XBO is easily the worst Xbox MS has made IMO.

Around the Network

I'd rather invest in the HTC Vive, because it has better exclusives.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Nuh uh. I have a gaming PC.

I had an interesting experience with one of the creatures known as a "casual" tonight, though. A co-worker approached me and said, "add me on Xbox."

Me: "Ew, Xbox."
Him: "What? Shut up. Add me on Xbox."
Me: "I don't have an Xbox. Hey, are you getting an Xbox X?"
Him: "The heck is that?"
Me: "A more powerful Xbox. Looks a lot better if you have a 4k TV."
Him: "I don't care about that stuff."

This indicates to me that Xbox is doomed.

Tulipanzo said:

-snip-

I guess it's very convenient to brand everyone who doesn't like XBox one of the "haterz", but you'll have to deal with the fact that the XBox One offers a subpar experience, and that I'm not alone in thinking that.

Well that ain't a fact, it's your opinion and that's cool. I turn on my X1 daily and it offers a great experience, and I'm not alone in thinking that heh.

Even though I think MS should deliver more games I still find your post a bit strange. You were optimistic about the direction Microsoft was taking based on a game you thought looked rubbish? After you bought the console you could have played a great 3rd person shooter, a story-driven 3rd person action game, a quality strategy game, awesome racing games, manage a zoo.. but no. You didn't even play Ori. What kind of were you expecting, really? Sea of Thieves is still in developement and I'd say that's an exciting project.

At least it's certain you aren't the target audience for X1X. 

I need you to buy like 1,000 of these D21 considering I just purchased 14 shares of MSFT a couple days ago. Thanks

Around the Network

btw. it's now possible to buy hardware and retail games from the MS Store with Xbox gift cards. Meaning if you find cheap gift cards (for example 50€ for 35€) you can buy the Xbox One X for 350€.

KiigelHeart said:
Tulipanzo said:

-snip-

I guess it's very convenient to brand everyone who doesn't like XBox one of the "haterz", but you'll have to deal with the fact that the XBox One offers a subpar experience, and that I'm not alone in thinking that.

Well that ain't a fact, it's your opinion and that's cool. I turn on my X1 daily and it offers a great experience, and I'm not alone in thinking that heh.

Even though I think MS should deliver more games I still find your post a bit strange. You were optimistic about the direction Microsoft was taking based on a game you thought looked rubbish? After you bought the console you could have played a great 3rd person shooter, a story-driven 3rd person action game, a quality strategy game, awesome racing games, manage a zoo.. but no. You didn't even play Ori. What kind of were you expecting, really? Sea of Thieves is still in developement and I'd say that's an exciting project.

At least it's certain you aren't the target audience for X1X. 

I'm glad you enjoyed, but I that wasn't my experience with it.
The fact is, I'm not trying to deny that you've enjoyed it on it than I did, while the original comments were trying to paint me as someone who bought it just to hate on it, which is frankly nonsense.

What I'm trying to highlight in the relevant bit is that my experience, which I've shown I thought was an anomaly for quite a while, actually mirrors that of other people. It's not just buying something to hate on it.
This is mostly anectodal, but I wasn't trying to argue whether or not that would be relevant for the future of the xboxx.

If I have to take contention with your post is that I feel you've misunderstood my aim.
I didn't aim to paint my experience as universal, and it would be impossible to rate everyone's experience like my own.

I bought what I would consider a fairly representative sample of what Microsoft offers and it left me underwhelmed. I accepted that.
When they presented Scalebound they showed me they where willing to invest in projects that wouldn't sell to their core audience, but they cancelled it and never followed up on that promise.

The reason I brought up Ori is that it was the only game I want to play on the thing, but I couldn't get to it. I have several games I want to get to on PS4, Switch, 3DS, but for the One I could only think of a single one: THAT is my issue with the console.
The games you presented go back to the "abc" part of my post. Given infinite time and money I could play those as well, but there's no guarantee I would like them. 
I'm not, as you seem to think, deliberately not buying games, I'm avoiding games I don't think I would like. I haven't bought Quantum Break for the same reason I haven't bought the Order 1886 or 1-2 Switch. It doesn't look like something I'd enjoy. 

Ironically I'm doing what some suggested I should have done with XBox: more research and waiting. 

As for Sea of Thieves, beyond my expectations lowering somewhat (something I've cut from the OP for length), that is only one game, the same one I thogght of when I bought the console, and nothing else.
I can think of several games I'm looking forward to on PS4 and Switch; however for XBox: again only one.

Did it sold out quickly?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

i tried to preorder the Xbox One X Project Scorpio edition but it is outsold everywhere in Germany.......

Random_Matt said:
sold out in US, available everywhere else.

Thanks for the update champ.