By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony wont allow ARK devs to have crossplay between PSN and Xbox Live.

The people on top will always be dicks when they can get away with it, while those looking to recover or climb are necessarily more cooperative and magnanimous. Can't really be surprised by this.

Around the Network

Is there a crossplay between PC and consoles? If there is for Ps4 and PC, like usual then it's no issue(for me, at least).

Well, it seems more clear that crossplay isn't gonna be happening between Sony and the other companies.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

At this point i think it's reasonable to say Sony's position on cross-play with other consoles has firmly changed (likley for the same reason MS originally opposed it; it provides far more to the party in the worse position). It doesn't effect me directly much, but it's still disappointing to see.

Embrace, extend, extinguish. I wouldn't want anything to do with MS if I were Sony either.

to be clear, Sony does allow cross play. Everyone knows they allow cross play. It's particularily the Xbox brand that they don't want anything to do with. Look up the EEE strategy Microsoft employs for competitors. Embrace, extend, extinguish

Around the Network

What developers should do is only provide updates, patches and dlc to platforms that support Cross-play. Like how Minecraft on the PS4 won't get the 4K texture pack, but the other consoles will.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

If I was Sony I'd do tge same as well. If they allow this, you'd be able to play the best version of your favourite third party games with your friends on Xbox One X. Without worrying about whether they will switch or no. Very bad business move in my opinion.

This is from Microsoft fan.

Azzanation said:
I would love to comnrnt however ill have the risk of being reported.
I will say, its pretty sad. Guess Sony are looking after there Audience by not allowing this.. unless its PC of course.

Wait so companies are supposed to help competion and go against their best interest? News to me

Here we go again.

coolbeans said:
Enemy said:

I don't understand why people are kissing Microsoft's butt. The only reason they want crossplay is because they are losing. They blocked crossplay with every platform up until Rocket League in 2016.

Sony supported it for every platform while Microsoft blocked it. Now it seems they're telling Microsoft to get lost.

Judging by the circumstances I don't blame them. Microsoft thought they could do a 180 when it benefited them. I also don't want crossplay to be a mandatory thing going forward.

Not true.  FF11 did enable cross-platform play (360-PS2).  And Shadowrun enabled it once that came to GFWL.

MS whole strategy lately has been creating a xplatform because they understand they will never have more consoles in homes than Sony.

https://www.giantbomb.com/cross-platform-multiplayer/3015-4183/games/

Add Path of Exile and new ones recently released.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/3/1/11134706/microsoft-xbox-one-windows-10-cross-platform-gaming

"Microsoft is walking a fine line here. The company wants to make itself as relevant to gamers as it was in the age of the Xbox 360, but it’s also trying to deemphasize hardware in favor of software by bridging the gap between Xbox and Windows 10. That may sound simple on the surface: just make every big console exclusive work across both platforms, right? However, Microsoft has to make sure gamers who prefer one platform over the other — or play both at the same time — don’t feel like they’re receiving the short end of the stick."