How has finding a Switch been for you?

I want it and found it - US 49 23.67%

I want it and found it - RoW 89 43.00%

I want it and can't find it - US 14 6.76%

I want it and can't find it - RoW 11 5.31%

I don't own it, and I don't want to - US 19 9.18%

I don't own it, and I don't want to - RoW 25 12.08%

Total:207

Despite claims to the contrary, I maintain great skepticism that the Switch demand has largely been met. Over the last 3 month, the polls have revealed 2 interesting sets of data:

Demand met: 67%/66%/71%

No demand: 31%/20%/24%

The former shows that there has been little progress in the ability of prospective Switch owenrs to obtain one, and the latter may show that Nintendo has converted a significant amount of people who were previously not interested. Next month, I'll add the chart (Three data points look laughable.), as I expect supply to remain an issue for some time. This month, I added a breakdown of US and RoW, since that seemed to be a glaring omission.

Around the Network

Scandinavia has ample stock, that's pretty much all I know. The biggest online outlet has 100++ of both SKU's (gray and colored), all major retailers have more than enough. If there are shortages across other European countries, they should divert incoming stock from here.

I won't buy one now, but it also was out of stock pretty much the first 3 months after launch in all shops in Belgium. They finally have them on the shelves now.

I haven't checked since I found mine. I may go to Wal-Mart to get an Xbox One in the near future, I'll tell you if I see stock when I go there.

In Colombia you can find it in many stores like Exito or Ktronix (which are like Walmart and BestBuy) for the super affordable price of 600USD -_-
But it is sold out in most of the other kind of "stores" which have more reasonable prices, between 350$-400$

Around the Network

I bought one last week. They had 6 in store, one of them was a Splatoon bundle. (Belgium)

In NYC, I've never seen one in the wild.

Also interesting to see just how international VGC is.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

I don't plan on getting one any time soon, or probably ever, mostly due to the fact I have an absurd amount of software to keep me occupied on the platforms I own as it is. Never seen one in stock in my city ( Canada ). In many regions, it's quite obvious that supply is not keeping pace with demand, which genuinely sucks, especially due to the reason it's happening, which is out of Nintendo's control. I'd like to see how well it could do without the supply constraints, but whadrugondo?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

palou said:
Also interesting to see just how international VGC is.

It's early, but it's looking like 66% of respondents are not from the US.

This will be fun to follow.