By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do I buy a switch now or wait (edit: purchased - poll added)

Which protecor do I install (leave detailed feedback in comments)

Plastic Film 25 26.60%

Glass 69 73.40%

Total:94
StarDoor said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
If a new model is what you're waiting for - don't. There won't be one at least until 2019.

But I do think you should wait till November/December anyways. The reason for this is because of the Switch's catalog. If Zelda disappoints you, then all you have to play is 2 remasters and Arms(which in my opinion is kind of hard to get into). A lot of people haven't been disappointed by Zelda, but if you are, then the Switch becomes a brick even if you're a fan of Splatoon.

But when December rolls around you get 3 more amazing exclusives.

It sounds like you think that Super Mario Odyssey releases in December.

No but Xenoblade and FE will probably release by then

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Cobretti no!!!!!!!!
Remember my original pact where you struggled to find games? Australia is just hard. Wait.

I agree the games looked bad, but I looked at the proerder list there is liek 50 games on it lol. MOst probably nto th ebest but better then the 3 I saw when  was last dissapointed haha

Late to party since you say you already got one, but my stance would have been don't wait.

The only revision that would come to the switch would be one of necessity for getting more parts. Some sort of revision so they are not fighting apple for the same thing. But that revision would be one that means nothing to you as a consumer. It would look and run the same.

A product as hot as the Switch does not hurt its own sales by announcing a Switch mini or Switch XL. So don't expect a revision for a few years at best.

Nuvendil said:
twintail said:
Wait for smaller bezels. Current ones are pretty off putting tbqh

Aesthetically yes but they serve a purpose: in the event of a minor defect in the dock that would inflict any meaningful scratches, said damage would occurr on the bezels and not the actual display.  This is a design decision resulting from choosing plastic over glass.  If a later revision goes high grade guerrilla glas, the bezels may be eliminated. 

They could release a Switch with smaller bezels together with a smaller dock, open to the front.

Similar to the WiiU cradle, scratching problem solved:

The front cover has no function anyways: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2176332

Get the tempered glass.

Around the Network

I will wait for a new model with improved battery life. When they launch that one, it will probably also have a hefty library so it will be an even better deal.

poll related --- definitely do the glass protector. It is better overall protection and IMO it feels better to use than plastic.

Cobretti2 said:

This is what I walked out with in the end.

I bought two screen protectors and I am nto sure I want to use the thick glass one or not lol. Supposedly the unit still slides into the hole with it on.

PS - I already had zelda as I bought the limited edition when it launched with the sword statue.

PPS - I preordered a few items also

I see a wwe2k18 preporder? boy add me, we've gotta play together

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

I didn't get any protector, not do I plan to.

My screen is still in perfect condition after several hundred hours of play, mostly in handheld mode. I am not really afraid of damage. I am hoping Nintendo releases a new model in early 2019. If I feel like I want to upgrade to a newer unit, I don't want to wait until 2022. I have found home console generations are FAR too long when it comes to hardware upgrades. I think Switch is the perfect iterative platform for gaming.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

uran10 said:
Cobretti2 said:

This is what I walked out with in the end.

I bought two screen protectors and I am nto sure I want to use the thick glass one or not lol. Supposedly the unit still slides into the hole with it on.

PS - I already had zelda as I bought the limited edition when it launched with the sword statue.

PPS - I preordered a few items also

I see a wwe2k18 preporder? boy add me, we've gotta play together

will do when set it up haha.