By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Mania Review thread- 86 meta with 50 reviews

See, Sega? Was that so hard?!

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
When is the retail versiong coming?

It hasn't even been officially announced by Sega yet, it was leaked by a retailer with no date. 

I tought it was on the same date, but only available as a Collector Edition with a very limited release.

2005 - Sonic Rush - 82

StarDoor said:
If it keeps that 86, it would be the highest-rated new Sonic game since 2002 with Sonic Advance.

That would be awesome if it does. Good on Sonic, a welcome back to form.

shikamaru317 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Anyone know the last time a sanic platformer game got above 80 meta?

I think it was Sonic Advance 2 in 2003 which got an 83 meta. Generations and Colors both came pretty close to 80, but got cheated out of it by some Sonic haters and clickbait reviewers.

Edit: The Wii port of Sonic 4: Episode 1 managed an 81 meta it seems, though the other ports fell far short of it.

Wow, pretty long time ago then. Would be funny if Forces gets under 80.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I've been looking forward to this one for a long time, and after looking at those review scores, now I'm even more excited! I LOVE the classic Sonic games! I grew up with them. :)

Even though Forces is still months away and we're not sure how that will turn out, I think that this is the formula that SEGA should take with Sonic going forward.
Have 2 new games release months apart from each other that come out every 2-3 years.
1 Classic and 1 Modern.

StarDoor said:
If it keeps that 86, it would be the highest-rated new Sonic game since 2002 with Sonic Advance.

Which is crazy, since Sonic Advance 2 is the only sonic game since that is better.

Also, who wants to predict that Sonic Forces won't touch 80?

Nice!! This makes things even better. Sonic has a great game!!!