By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever felt like you kinda contributed to ruining a game mode for everyone?

Tagged games:

How do you feel about it?

I not only contribute, I am the ringleader! 3 16.67%

I contribute somewhat 3 16.67%

I guess I contribute a bit 1 5.56%

Maybe. Maybe not. 1 5.56%

Nah. 4 22.22%

I hate it all and report ... 1 5.56%

The only thing I contribu... 5 27.78%

Total:18

I always logged out of psn as soon as I got the invaded message in Dark Souls. The game simply saves and quits to menu to resume directly after. They should have made an option for co-op only. I guess it bothered some people as they took the effort to send a message through psn. Sorry, I'm not playing the game for some random stranger's idea of fun.

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:
Zkuq said:
If you can ruin a game mode, it wasn't designed as well as it should've been.

Not necessarily. There are some games where of course the development team could have done a better job of stop trolling and the like, but there is only so much you can blame on a developer. Sometimes, its the gamer that is to blame.

People will always ruin things unless it's impossible. Thus, it's the developer's duty to make sure it can't happen. If you design a game that can be ruined by its players, you could have done better. It's not the dev's fault people ruin the game, but it doesn't mean they couldn't and shouldn't have done better. The same goes for pretty much all software: If people can find a way to break if, they will and you should anticipate it in advance.

I ruin all FPS for I am a proud k/d whore who runs dozens of smurf accounts and avoids prestiging in cod. Spent $100 in Halo 5 at launch to get gold packs. Got banshee ultra first pack and a bunch more. It just compounded so I paid to win. 8 k/d good for top 20 in the world in war zone. Gamer Tag: omg I’m dan Also bought some supply drops when big bundle was on sale for $40. Only weapon I got was a one shot energy pistol but it is very op. Took it to FFA and a lot of people hated me for how op it is and maintaining a 4.5 k/d over about 100 bo3 ffa, I have a 6 I’d in titan fall 1 and diamond 5 for abusing mastering nuclear ejection and arc cannon in addition to just being good at games with huge ass maps....see my love for mw3 and ghosts...I also broke a couple indie games called castleminer z and #1 on avatar laser wars 2 which were top indie games by exploiting spawn logic. I’m very toxic in FPS but being good is fun :) it all started when people offered to buy my halo  2accounts back in the day. During halo 3 I had gold on so many accounts...and sold and boosted players to 50...also there was a family gold glitch which only sped up the process. It practically became a business for me 

Zkuq said:

People will always ruin things unless it's impossible. Thus, it's the developer's duty to make sure it can't happen. If you design a game that can be ruined by its players, you could have done better. It's not the dev's fault people ruin the game, but it doesn't mean they couldn't and shouldn't have done better. The same goes for pretty much all software: If people can find a way to break if, they will and you should anticipate it in advance.

I don't think that is a fair way to look at it. Yes, defintely developers should always strive to improve on their game and end loopholes, but building something is almost always infintely harder than exposing its flaws. Outside of single player games and maybe games like tetris, pong, puyo puyo, and games of the ilk, I'd be hard pressed to find any game has that doesn't have a mode that could be ruined.

Not for everyone but in my case, I ruin Smash Bros Melee & Wii U free for all, mostly because I play in the competitive scene here in mexico, so even tho I'm not the best, in my friends circle they stand no chance, no we only play Mario Kart 8 because of that :(

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:

Zkuq said:

I don't think that is a fair way to look at it. Yes, defintely developers should always strive to improve on their game and end loopholes, but building something is almost always infintely harder than exposing its flaws. Outside of single player games and maybe games like tetris, pong, puyo puyo, and games of the ilk, I'd be hard pressed to find any game has that doesn't have a mode that could be ruined.

Life's not fair. Someone should take the responsibility, and if it's not the people ruining the game (e.g. if you can't force them to take it), then the devs should take the responsibility. I know game design is hard, but it's still up to the devs. You can be forgiving about their design flaws and often the good things beat the bad things, but it's still up to the devs.

Yep, I regret to say I do contribute to Super Pacifist Bros. 4, where in online for fun ffa's, no one fights and if you try to fight then the other players will gang bang you.

-Lonely_Dolphin

monocle_layton said:
In the Pokemon Trading Card Game Online, you used to be able to talk to your opponent during the battles. Like the dumbass I am, I constantly trolled and did whatever I could to get on their nerves. It typically made it even funnier when they lost and called me a bunch of slurs.

They soon cracked down on it by adding censorship. No big deal, but soon it got worse. I wrote in ways to bypass it, and the reports on my account kept increasing.

Next thing you know, they announce they're removing all chat from random opponents in the Versus game mode. The game's a bit worse without it and the heavy censorship, but oh well.

Don't feel too bad, Tourette is still better than severe OCD typical Pokèmon players suffer from.     

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!