By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Proposal: Get political threads off the front page

Now, political threads have become a very hot topic here. There are many different views as to how they should be handled. Some want it to stay as it. Others want some sort of modification. Still yet, some want the threads to be banned entirely. In any case, it seems to have really divided the community, turning some people off, and probably causing others to quit the site entirely.

Now, I personally don't want the threads to be gone. I do like seeing people's perspectives, and I like posting in them myself. Hell, even my sig itself contains political overtones. However, I can see that many people don't like it, and with that I'm proposing a compromize. Yes, it's a compromise that has already been brought up before, probably also in the form of a thread, but I'll re-introduce the idea. I don't have any official capacity here, I am merely a regular user. However, I am involved in the community enough to know that many do not like the political threads, and I'd say that this is the best solution. Those that want to participate can continue to do so, and those that don't like them can act as if they don't exist.

Now, whether or not this will be able to be implelemented, I cannot say. As you guys know, the admins have had trouble dealing with the load that they have, so this may never become a reality. However, I'd say that even if it doesn't deal with the root issues this site has, it at least cuts off one of the branches that is creeping over the house.

Around the Network

Make the frontpage great again?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
Is it really that hard for people to just not click on threads they don`t want to read? Seriously?

This.

Nah. This is just pointless. No reason to do it.

Ka-pi96 said:
Is it really that hard for people to just not click on threads they don`t want to read? Seriously?

/thread

People need to learn impluse control. For the life of me, I can't understand the current trend of people not being able to ignore things they don't like. 

Around the Network

This is a gaming forum first and foremost.
If people are interested in those discussions they can always go to the subforum.
I, for one, am sick of consistently seeing Donald Trump or whatever on the front page almost every day.

I need to add, it's always the same people. Always the same bunch dragging down discussion to the dirt.

Darc Requiem said:
Ka-pi96 said:

/thread

People need to learn impluse control. For the life of me, I can't understand the current trend of people not being able to ignore things they don't like. 

Well, it's not something I necessarily want myself, I'm mainly saying that it's a compromise that I'm willing to accept, as we'll still be able to have political discussion.

Darc Requiem said:
Ka-pi96 said:

/thread

It's not a current trend. The internet as a whole has always had this effect.

Maybe someday, when we live in a world ruled by AI.

Visit the forums directly instead, I have all non-gaming content filtered out with the built-in filters, and so should you. I agree that politics has no place on here - "impulse control" or not.