By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - White Supremacist Drives Car into Counter-Protesters (20 Injured, One Dead)

konnichiwa said:
VGPolyglot said:

OMG, is that Hokkaido? It looks beautiful!! Makes me want to go there even more!!

Yes a little north of Sapporo (30Km-50km). Hokkaido is an excellent place if you are from Scandinavia and want to live in a similar climate and where you can find peace.

Reserve it for the winter already you can rent them for a week or a two :).  

I'm not from Scandinavia myself, nor have I ever been there, but Hokkaido has definitely interested me. I'd love to go there one day.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
iron_megalith said:
Just gonna drop this here.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/16/protesters-atlanta-tear-peace-monument-mistaking-confederate-symbol/

I absolutely pity those who go into such protests but are mislead. It's as sad as watching rats follow Pied Piper to their demise.

Stupid on multiple levels.  Wrong statue.  Wrong action.

ratuscafoarterea said:

So you’re form the US. My point still stands, you know, English is first language in both UK and USA ….. use some logic …

Then you know that word I put in parentheses?  (protest)?  Are you going to keep ignoring it and every time I point it out to you?  You ignored when I told you I wasn't Brittish and you ignored the word protest in parentheses and you ignored when I pointed it out to you last time.

Maybe I should take a queue from your actions and ignore you.

Maybe you should realize that there is a big difference between rioting and protesting, OK? Also, maybe you should go back and read my comment (the one you replied to), I’ve specifically used the word riot, and then you replied to me as “riot (protest)”. Your comment at page 54 was “No, they don't have the right to harm other people.  They do have the right to riot (protest).” Just because you’ve used the word protest in brackets, it doesn’t changes the fact that by nature, a riot is a violent form of protest. When you say “riot (protest)” it’s already implied that were not talking about a peaceful protest, but a protest that has turned into a riot.

Again, this shows you don’t know basic English, even tho you’re from an English speaking country.

Chris Hu said:
Donutsticks said:
I'll say it for a third time. Antifa is just as vile as the nazi's they are fighting against. What percentage of people that was there protesting against the removal of General Lee's statue was actually a White Supremacist? The fake news media would claim that all people there at the protest was white supremacist.

Most people there that protested the removal of General Lee's statue wouldn't consider themselves nazi's or white supremacist in my opinion. The Civil War and the Confederate statues are important parts of our history and believing that doesn't make anybody racist.

The white supremacist and antifa are both scum and should make anybody sick. They both have blood on their hands. Antifa should Admit their part in this tragedy, and the Guy that drove that car deserves the death penalty. The protest should have been done peacefully.

The South lost there should have never been any statues of Confedrates anywhere in the first place you don't see any statues of Hitler in Germany and since the fall of the Iron Curtain you no longer see any statues of Marx, Lenin,  or Stalin in Eastern Europe. 

Because those countries insist on wiping out and hiding their own histories and fail to learn from their own mistakes.

Getting rid of these statues will have the same effect.

Locknuts said:

Because those countries insist on wiping out and hiding their own histories and fail to learn from their own mistakes.

Lol no it won't they are just statues. It's not like they are burning history books and wiping our memories. Most people in this country have/will never see those statues and probably didn't even know they existed until they started talking about taking them down. 

FIT_Gamer said:
Locknuts said:

Lol no it won't they are just statues. It's not like they are burning history books and wiping our memories. Most people in this country have/will never see those statues and probably didn't even know they existed until they started talking about taking them down. 

Just statues....for now.

It's all part of American history and should be preserved.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Chris Hu said:

Well duh real communism can't really exist just like a real anarchy can't exists. As far as having no class the only country that was labeled by the West as Communist that came close to it was Maoist China but that was mostly due to the fact that China never had a ton of rich people before he gained power and the country was pretty much desimated by Japan during WW2 plus the fight with the Nationalists (the people that ended up fleeing to Taiwan) also caused a lot of destruction.  But that changed once they started opening up to the West and build up their manufacturing base. 

"Well duh real communism can't really exist"

why didn't you just say that to begin with?

"Maoist China but that was mostly due to the fact that China never had a ton of rich people before he gained power "

so your goal is to destroy the capacity for some people to work harder than other people and be rewarded for the fruits of their labour?

so are you then willing to sacrifice all of the technology and comforts you have become accustomed to in order to achieve that? and live in a primitive way similar to the animals around us?

btw in such a state there is obviously a far higher capacity for suffering, since technology aids humans in curing a lot of the harmful phenomena that we are exposed to in the natural world, sure there would be less potential for people to harm each other, but our environment then has a greater potential to harm us... but you guys don't seem to think about that

where do you really think the technology and medicine we use comes from?

one thing that i've noticed about the people that want so desperately to tear society down is that they seem to be oblivious to how much it shields them from harm they would otherwise be exposed to, the truth is that many of us would be dead already if we didn't benefit from the collective efforts of people who have worked hard and produced different forms of technology

and since you claim it wasn't a communist state what was the soviet union?

It was a single party socialstic republic hence its full name was the USSR.  They where supossed to move to real communism but they never even came close.

ratuscafoarterea said:
Chris Hu said:

For one none of the countries that where and are labeled as Communist ever achieved a classless society.  Even Lenin himself said that the Soviet Union never achieved true communism but only managed to achieve State Capitalism. 

I’m a Romanian, I have experienced communism until I was 15, we were always being told that there is no social class, that everyone is the same, at the same social level. In fact under PCR (Romanian Communist Party) everyone had the same wages, even a medic had the same wage as a factory worker. Even communist party members were being told that they are at the same social level as non-members. Everyone had access to only the same type of a car, radio, tv, same rationalized food. So, you’re wrong, true communism as you’re trying to explain, did existed, and communists have tried to implement. Fact is that communism doesn’t work with humans; a medic doesn’t put all that effort in to his education, just to make the same wage as a factory worker. Even tho we were educated to believe that everyone is at the same social level, at the street talk level, everyone knew it’s not true, and in many ways not fair. You’ve just proved you have no idea what you’re talking about. If you want to live under communism, go and transform yourself into a machine, because communism doesn’t work on humans.

That what the you was being told but the reality was far from that high ranking political figures got preferantial treatment and where in a class above the rest of the population and they had access to goods that the general public didn't have.  Also another key feature of real communism is no money and no wages and all so called communist states had those.  Also did I ever say I'm pro communist or want to live under it I don't thing so and the majority of the people on the left don't want  communism and like I said before real communism and real ancharism are two forms of government that realistically are unobtainable. 

Locknuts said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Just statues....for now.

It's all part of American history and should be preserved.

Even Robert E. Lee himself didn't not want Confederate monuments put up after the war. They have no place being here. 

they can preserve their confederate generals in the history books inside classrooms, and in those civil war historical video documentaries.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
they can preserve their confederate generals in the history books inside classrooms, and in those civil war historical video documentaries.

Or they can preserve confederate generals with statues and by other means as they do now. :) Just because you don't like relics from the civil war doesn't mean the next guy doesn't.