By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE #310 reviews scores, Splatoon 2, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice and more.

Shikamo said:
Jranation said:
What did splatoon 1 get?

Oh so the sequel got a lower score..... I guess it could be that not enough new features. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
OTBWY said:

I don't take Jim Sterling seriously, but if Edge gives this game a 4 I kind of get curious.

Well Jim's actual review score is a 7/10, which is pretty good by his standards

Yeah but first he has to draw attention to himself like a child. I don't take him seriously.

OTBWY said:
What is up with the Senua game? I feel like its either you love it or hate it.

Yeah, it definitely seems to be a very polarizing game.

This is quite surprising.

think-man said:
Didn't expect Senua to score so low.

I have seen a lot of videos of the game, and I think it deserves that score.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
think-man said:
Didn't expect Senua to score so low.

I have seen a lot of videos of the game, and I think it deserves that score.

So have I, I thought it looked great actually lol. 

Is just about every reviewer giving a game a 9/10? Edge will give it 7/10, and then years later praise the game as if they always said it was fantastic.

Hellblade is excellent, Edge is just being Edgy. The game can be a bit abrasive, at first, but that's by intention. It has one of the better stories in videogames, and the combat is pretty satisfying.

OTBWY said:
Shikamo said:

Maybe the reviewer lost his save. :p

I don't take Jim Sterling seriously, but if Edge gives this game a 4 I kind of get curious.

Ha. For me it'd be the opposite. I've never disagreed with a publication's reviews as often as I have with theirs. It's so consistent that it's as if it were a single person as opposed to a group.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Man, the scores for Hellblade are all over the place.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."