By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo has crossed the line that even EA, Capcom, and Activision hasn't!

Teriol said:
morenoingrato said:
Never been a fan of the Amiibo model.
Not only are many of the things not available to be purchased online, and the amiibos tend to be rare (making a lot of content locked forever), but they keep pushing the amount of things that is locked behind the Amiibo.

Just buy the cards, they are just 1 dollar.

I also hear that the Amiibo only need to be scanned once, for the mode to be unlocked forever, so you theoretically could just borrow someone else's.
Though I could be wrong.

Around the Network

The audacity!

This line was crossed years ago. Ever played Disney Infinity?

I wouldn't consider Fusion mode the best mode either, I haven't played the game so I don't know if the difficulty is so weak on regular mode that it makes the case for fusion mode being better.

i.e. Breath of The Wild. Master mode is ridiculous. I don't hear anyone saying it's the best mode. I sure don't feel like it is. My point is let's not rush to judgment so quickly 'til the game's in our hands. You may be getting all worked up over nothing.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Jesus. Can you permanently be banned from writing threads? There's a problem with practically every single one of them. In this case it's

" Now the shocking, absurd, and greedy cash grab that makes even Capcom, EA, and Activision look like non profit organizations! In order to play the hardest game mode (Fusion Mode) you must buy an amiibo to unlock it! What?! "

The hyperbole. This isn't something that's really worse than Capcom or Ea or Activision or Ubisoft's buisness practices. Just writing it in a hyperbolic shocking way doesn't make it worse than those companies. MULTIPLE companies have done this. And Nintendo already did it with Zelda's paid DLC, so what's the point of pretending like this is something new?

Watch Dogs 2 had hard mode dlc, Metro Last Light had hard mode dlc, even the fucking Last of Us had it in it's original PS3 version.

Writing this off as exclusively bad cause Nintendo or cause some "toys"(lmao) is dumb.

Agree fully with this post. It's pretty much well..you know the word we can't use.

niceguygameplayer said:

In order to play the hardest game mode (Fusion Mode) you must buy an amiibo to unlock it! What?! 

First Zelda, now Metroid. I do not like this trend of putting difficulty modes behind paywalls. 

Around the Network

I personally think Nintendo is worse than EA. Most Nintendo fans think they can do no wrong though. Nintendo can literally punch them right in the face and they won't say anything

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

SegataSanshiro said:

Agree fully with this post. It's pretty much well..you know the word we can't use.

I actually don't, because you could be banned for simply saying "your dumb" on this forum. Thus, the word you can't use could be a thousand more or less vulgar words. x D 

greencactaur said:
I personally think Nintendo is worse than EA. Most Nintendo fans think they can do no wrong though. Nintendo can literally punch them right in the face and they won't say anything

EA do not get the credit they deserve honestly, they've actually been improving a lot lately, of course the argument to any improvement is "muh corporation". But ultimately EA will always be greedy, what's important is that they're at least improving player experiences. 

(inb4 "but but Andromeda")

Where were you when they announced the Breath of the Wild DLC packs? That line was crossed long before this.

PAOerfulone said:
Where were you when they announced the Breath of the Wild DLC packs? That line was crossed long before this.

What's wrong with them?