By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo has crossed the line that even EA, Capcom, and Activision hasn't!

CaptainExplosion said:
niceguygameplayer said:

I have been on a positive post streak lately. That has ended with the complete lack of hardware updates (which has me in an angry depression) and this Nintendo news that I read about the new 3DS Metroid. I even gave Nintendo the winning E3 score this year, largely because of announcing not one, but 2 new Metroid games. After reading an article about 3DS Metroid though, I'm insulted and pissed. 

In order to access all of the game that you buy, you must buy 4 amiibo toys! Now, some of the unlockable amiibo stuff is OK, like unlocking artwork and a music player. I think you should be able to earn those, but not too upsetting. Now the shocking, absurd, and greedy cash grab that makes even Capcom, EA, and Activision look like non profit organizations! In order to play the hardest game mode (Fusion Mode) you must buy an amiibo to unlock it! What?! 

You can't even just pay for DLC (which is absurd to have to do in itself). You must buy a kids toy to unlock the game's best mode! Now what is a grown man going to do with this toy? Am I supposed to run around with it and say "pow" "pow"? No, I'd just throw it in the trash. What a waste! As a long time Metroid fan going back to the 90s, I was very excited about Metroid: Samus Returns, but now I just feel insulted.

Nintendo needs to realize that their fans are not all kids that want to play with their toys. I know some older players may want to collect them and put them on a shelf, but I have no interest in toys. Even most of you Nintendo faithful couldn't defend this, could you?

http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/3123

It's for an additional mode, NOT THE REST OF THE GAME. Learn the difference.

Cloudman said:
Nintendo may do some terrible practices, but let's not start making claims that they're one of the worst or anything. Also, no need to make insulting claims as well. I'm a grown man and collect these as well. I don't go 'pow pow' with them either...

Also, despite some things being behind amiibo, you can still enjoy the game, you know...

Exactly.

Sorry. Regardless of what a company says or other people think. Not everyone will agree. Many people here count all the content of a game as apart of it. No matter how small. They want the 100%. So when DLC is made or this Amiibo stuff. The 60$ they paid for. Is no longer the full game. You can argue all you want that a skin for a character means nothing. It has no stats or purpose in the game. It's just to make you cool. Guess what. I see a unlock amount for a character. MY want is to finish that. Artifically inhibiting me in dumb ways will make me annoyed. 

Example: Overwatch. The game is great. But it offers no single player campaign with a very rich story they created. This makes the game less lucrative. So the only thing we have is the accessories for the characters. That's one of the drives to play the game. Even though they're "free". They lock most of them in timed events. They don't just make them. Than leave them unlocked to get them later. Or just allow you to buy lootboxes to gamble them. They are blocked for one entire year. If not forever. In the case of Blizcon items. Plus force you to play in a preset time peroid that may not be good for you.

Blizzard always argues that this keeps them "special". This is a lie. If I stick around for several years. I will get all the skins eventually. All it did was take 2 years. Instead of a few months. For competative play. You're rewarded golden weapon points. It's suppose to show how "good" you are. Again fake. I've played comps bare minium requirments. In only 50 games. Which took over a year. I bought the golden gun I wanted. I took a lot longer. VS someone who worked hard in 3 months, 300 wins, to get it in one season of comp. But I still have the same thing. Just used patience. Am I better than the other person, no I'm not. I just exploited the game. Why didn't I want to play comp. Because it's a mode I don't want to play. But was forced if I wanted to complete my characters unlock. Again, that's what I count towards completing a game.

I'm not even arguing that the DLC shouldn't exsist or if the Amiibo's should be discontinued. They just need to make it more fair. All metroid statues unlock all content. End of story. These things are bought for displays first. DLC second. But you are pissing people off in the process. Why the fuck doesn't Nintendo have the card versions of every amiibo avaible day 1, with the statues. This would seriously help with people who just want the stupid DLC. I don't care for Amiibo's myself. Nor the DLC. But I do want Urbosa's Amiibo. Because I like her character. I don't give a rats ass about the DLC. But Nintendo still can't properly produce these things. Their incompetance needs to stop with this Amiibo junk.

Are you going to argue that the DLC in Returns warents almost 60$ in Amiibo's. Hell no. But all the unlocks are fine 15$. AKA 1 Amiibo. I'm not getting another 20 hours of content out of the 60$ that you pay for the DLC. "But you can reuse your Amiibo's for a future game. So you SAVE money." Yeah that's right. That's the reason why the DLC is locked to the new statues. And not the Samus Aran people bought 4 years ago.

Around the Network

You claim you've been on a positive streak, but I've always seen you skirting around when it comes to negative Ninty news. This is you going back to that ball game all over again.

They haven't crossed a line the others haven't, the others had and still have sodding season passes, pre-order dlc, day 1 dlc, MT's in their games, loot crates, cash shop purchases and even single player MT in the upcoming LotR game, that's a huge step over a line that should never have been crossed, for a single player title of all games and WB has crossed it, yet you claim Nintendo has done far worse than everyone else?, please get real. All the other companies have done far worse over the years and then some.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

niceguygameplayer said:

I have been on a positive post streak lately. That has ended with the complete lack of hardware updates (which has me in an angry depression) and this Nintendo news that I read about the new 3DS Metroid. I even gave Nintendo the winning E3 score this year, largely because of announcing not one, but 2 new Metroid games. After reading an article about 3DS Metroid though, I'm insulted and pissed. 

In order to access all of the game that you buy, you must buy 4 amiibo toys! Now, some of the unlockable amiibo stuff is OK, like unlocking artwork and a music player. I think you should be able to earn those, but not too upsetting. Now the shocking, absurd, and greedy cash grab that makes even Capcom, EA, and Activision look like non profit organizations! In order to play the hardest game mode (Fusion Mode) you must buy an amiibo to unlock it! What?! 

You can't even just pay for DLC (which is absurd to have to do in itself). You must buy a kids toy to unlock the game's best mode! Now what is a grown man going to do with this toy? Am I supposed to run around with it and say "pow" "pow"? No, I'd just throw it in the trash. What a waste! As a long time Metroid fan going back to the 90s, I was very excited about Metroid: Samus Returns, but now I just feel insulted.

Nintendo needs to realize that their fans are not all kids that want to play with their toys. I know some older players may want to collect them and put them on a shelf, but I have no interest in toys. Even most of you Nintendo faithful couldn't defend this, could you?

I don't see what the complaint is. The entire main game is there. It's only some of the bonus features you get with Amiibos. You're going to have to explain how charging an annual fee for certain core features, full priced games each year to get updated rosters and weapons, and lots of DLC somehow equates to charity compared to adding bonus features to a few comparatively inexpensive figurines.

If you're argument is "I don't want toys" then you're equating a figurine to a toy. And if you can make that logical stretch, then you can make the shorter logical stretch that videogames are toys as well, especially considering you're intended to play with them. In other words, you ARE a grown man playing with toys.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
niceguygameplayer said:

If you can equate a figurine to a toy, then you can most certainly equate a videogame to a toy.

So in your stretches of logic, when you play with videogames, you ARE a grown man playing with toys.

Are board games toys than?

archer9234 said:
Jumpin said:

If you can equate a figurine to a toy, then you can most certainly equate a videogame to a toy.

So in your stretches of logic, when you play with videogames, you ARE a grown man playing with toys.

You're missing the point.

But if you want closure, yes, if you want to stretch logic to equate figurines to toys, then most certainly you can do the same with board games.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
archer9234 said:

But if you want closure, yes, if you want to stretch logic to equate figurines to toys, then most certainly you can do the same with board games.

Including Black Jack and Roullete?

archer9234 said:
Jumpin said:

Including Black Jack and Roullete?

I'm just going to politely point out that you're off topic and completely missing the point.

The point being that it's a stretch of logic to call figurines a toy, and if you're going to do that, you may as well consider videogames a toy; given the initial poster was talking about videogames and figurines. Board games have nothing to do with anything.

You haven't even mentioned that some of those Amiibos were extremely hard to find, and now, extremely rare since Nintendo claims it had production issues with them.

genuine question can you just take your 3DS or switch to a store and just rub all the ammibos against it to unlock the stuff?

Still shit for those that dont have an an NFC 3DS

SpokenTruth said:
Mr_No said:
You haven't even mentioned that some of those Amiibos were extremely hard to find, and now, extremely rare since Nintendo claims it had production issues with them.

None of these are rare or hard to find though one has a price markup.

Xenostar said:
genuine question can you just take your 3DS or switch to a store and just rub all the ammibos against it to unlock the stuff?

Still shit for those that dont have an an NFC 3DS

No.  The bottom of the packaging has a shield to prevent this.

On topic:

Crouched Samus - releases along side the game - Unlocks an extra enerry tank and an art gallery.

Escaping Metroid - releases along side the game - Locates nearby Metroids on map and unlocks Fusion difficulty mode.

Smash Bros Samus - on sales for $12.99 - Unlocks an extra missile tank and concept art gallery.

Zero Suit Samus - price marked up but not rare - Unlocks an extra energy tank and a soundtrack listening mode.

That is pretty bad. Apparently Nintendo knows damn well people don't care for Amiibos if they don't unlock extras.