By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article feedback and voting thread

What franchise do you want to see covered?

Command & Conquer 4 8.70%

Tekken 6 13.04%

Dark Souls (+Bloodborne) 12 26.09%

Metal Gear 19 41.30%

See results 5 10.87%

Total:46
Hiku said:
Darashiva said:

Only the first game so far I'm afraid, although I do have the second game waiting on my PS3.

That's (Sui 2) the best one. =p

So I've heard, just haven't yet had the time to really play the game properly. I don't want to start it until I actually have enough time to play it through without having to take long breaks.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
The rise of the SNK Street Fighter 2 clone army.

Do you mean how the success and popularity of those games created a huge number of clones that tried to capitalize on that success? If so, that could be a very interesting topic.

Darashiva said:
COKTOE said:
The rise of the SNK Street Fighter 2 clone army.

Do you mean how the success and popularity of those games created a huge number of clones that tried to capitalize on that success? If so, that could be a very interesting topic.

Basically. I mean, all of the SNK fighting games were at least competent, and a few were excellent, but I found it kinda funny how prolific they were in making them, as well as the tendancy for some of the characters to be near duplicates of SF2 characters. World Heroes comes to mind in that regard. I posted that a few minutes after waking up as a lark. Personally, I think it might be tough to get an article out of the idea.

- edit. It could be expanded beyond SNK as well. There a a ton of 2d fighters that could reasonably be refered to as SF2 clones, many of them terrible.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Based on your suggestions, the idea of how Dark Souls-esque gameplay developed would be interesting, how it has changed and changed the industry due to it's popularity.

Or maybe how 3D Fighters have developed since Tekken in such a way that it is really only Tekken left that has fights in a 3D arena.

Hmm, pie.

COKTOE said:
Darashiva said:

Basically. I mean, all of the SNK fighting games were at least competent, and a few were excellent, but I found it kinda funny how prolific they were in making them, as well as the tendancy for some of the characters to be near duplicates of SF2 characters. World Heroes comes to mind in that regard. I posted that a few minutes after waking up as a lark. Personally, I think it might be tough to get an article out of the idea.

- edit. It could be expanded beyond SNK as well. There a a ton of 2d fighters that could reasonably be refered to as SF2 clones, many of them terrible.

Yeah, that sounds like an interesting idea. I need to think about it and look into the games that came out, but there should be something there.

Around the Network

Something I forgot to mention, I am currently working on an article on Team Ico, which will be the next one coming up, so whatever topic gets chosen will come after that.

Franchise - Zelda.

PAOerfulone said:
Franchise - Zelda.

I'm quite certain I'll be covering Zelda at some point in the future, but I'm not sure I want to start another equally massive article series after I just finished the one on Final Fantasy. Zelda will get its turn mos certainly, but maybe not quite yet. I need to work on a few smaller projects first.

Sounds good to me.

Well, it seems that franchises won out quite clearly here, so there's a new poll up now where you can vote for a few different options on what I will be covering next on my articles.