By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article feedback and voting thread

What franchise do you want to see covered?

Command & Conquer 4 8.70%

Tekken 6 13.04%

Dark Souls (+Bloodborne) 12 26.09%

Metal Gear 19 41.30%

See results 5 10.87%

Total:46
Chazore said:
Can we do a Western game/company for the next article after the Metal gear one?. I feel like every time we hold a vote, something Japanese or geared towards a specific group is going to win out and it's honestly boring to see the same results each time.

Like, I imagine I'll vote for Age of Empires or something like C&C, but it'll get knocked out of the park by requests for KH or Dynasty Warriors or something everyone on here already knows about or loves to bits, but doesn't want to know about anything else out there.

I actually very much want to write about C&C at some point, perhaps right after the Metal Gear articles. What western company would you be interested in reading about. Westwood Studios would be one very good option, as would others like Rare, LucasArts or Sierra for example.

Around the Network

I'll cut the voting here. Metal Gear won, with Dark Souls coming in second. Thanks for everyone who voted.

definitely metal gear.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Darashiva said:

I actually very much want to write about C&C at some point, perhaps right after the Metal Gear articles. What western company would you be interested in reading about. Westwood Studios would be one very good option, as would others like Rare, LucasArts or Sierra for example.

Company wise, Maxis would be nice, their history and eventual end at the hands of EA (half of Westwood ended up suffering from EA in the end) was an odd twist to see unfold over the years.

History of C&C Redux is a good source of C&C related info about the history of the franchise (at elast in video form): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlIkGlTMUNE

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Darashiva said:

Company wise, Maxis would be nice, their history and eventual end at the hands of EA (half of Westwood ended up suffering from EA in the end) was an odd twist to see unfold over the years.

History of C&C Redux is a good source of C&C related info about the history of the franchise (at elast in video form): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlIkGlTMUNE

Yeah, Maxis is another one that would be very interesting to write about. As far as C&C is concerned, I'm pretty familiar with the series history already.

Around the Network

While I'm now writing the History of Metal Gear articles, I'll be alternating those with the Forgotten Gems articles as well. Regarding those, if there are games you might want to see covered in one of those articles, you can leave a comment here suggesting some. Just remember, I have to have played the game to talk about it in any detail.

If you do suggest games I haven't played, I will try to get to them at some point if I can. It just might take a while.