By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Convince me to get a Vita

Tagged games:

Jpcc86 said:
Dont get a Vita.

LOL

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

*puts a gun to your head* ...Do it.

*laughs and has fun with friends playing Vita* Hey you wanna join in? Get a Vita!

*whispers in your ear* Hey man...Wendy Peppercorn says she'll only screw a guy who owns a Vita.

None of this working? Eh I got nothing.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

it has gamez

Persona 4 golden, and freedom wars are 2 must haves. Plus, PS one classics

I still have my og vita from lauch and it still works like new.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
V-r0cK said:
- PS1 library *boom! done!*

- Persona 4 Golden *boom! bonus!*

I always wanted to play Persona 4 but I'm not willing to buy a Vita just for a single game...now that I think about it...I think they don't even sell Vitas over here anymore. At the same time...I don't want to play the inferior PS2 version...I wish Persona 4 Golden and P3 FES were ported to the PS4 or the Switch

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Kresnik said:
Since I'll probably be the only person to provide a dissenting counter-point of "get one" in this thread (since this thread has only been open a few minutes and has attracted a spree of drive-by shots taken at the console) I'll make this a more detailed post:

- Vita hardware is fantastic. I've had my launched OLED Vita for 5 years and had no issues so far despite daily play - sticks are fine; buttons are fine; triggers are fine; touch screens are fine. Battery is also in tact. The LCD hardware is even better in my opinion, in spite of the decrease in screen quality.

- Memory card prices are obscene. There's no two ways about it - you have to buy the proprietary cards and they are not cheap. You're going to need at least 16GB to make the most of the handheld and probably 32GB would be a good idea. I have two 64GB cards.

Now, software-wise, the reasons it's worth getting a Vita as follows:

1. You like gaming on the go. This is the main reason - it was a game-changer for me, playing these games that should be running on home consoles but on the train; on my break at work; for half an hour and then suspending at home. It's great.

2. You like nostalgia gaming and played on the PS1. You can get a fantastic library of games ranging from Crash Bandicoot to Final Fantasy to Metal Gear Solid to Spyro to Tomb Raider on it and they all work great on the handheld thanks to the fact they're not blown up to massive proportions and look like shit on a HDTV.

3. You missed out on the PSP era and have an interest in playing games from that time. Although a few classic titles are missing (looking at you Crisis Core), my memory card is filled with everything ranging from Daxter to Mana Khemia to Peace Walker to Persona 3 Portable to Ys Oath in Felghana.

4. You like RPG's. Vita has a tonne of them. Most came to other consoles, but if you want to play all of the RPG's Vita has to offer you're going to need a 3DS; PS3; PS4 & PC. And even them, only one of those consoles really offers portable play which is 3DS. There's only a handful of true exclusives in there, but things like Tales of Hearts R and Ys Memories of Celceta are fantastic. And multi-plats like Atelier Totori; Lost Dimension and Trails of Cold Steel are worth playing again on the go purely for the "you can just chip away at them a little bit at a time" factor.

5. You like anime tie-in titles. Vita has a tonne, and a lot of them are great. Among my favourites are Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Force; One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Sword Art Online: Lost Song.

6. You like indie games. Again, Vita kinda plays like a curated 'greatest hits' of indie games from about 2013 until 2016. Things like Bastion; Geometry Wars 3; Guacamelee; Hotline Miami; Teslagrad etc. are all worth playing for the first time (or even again) on the go.

7. You have a thing for PS1/PS2-era mascot platforms. Thankfully, Vita got the big three Sony trilogies from the PS2 era (Jak/Ratchet/Sly) and although they have technical hiccups, it's amazing reliving them on Vita. Throw in Crash; Oddworld; Rayman; Spyro etc. and you've got a great selection of platformers.

8. You like western games and are happy accepting that Vita only has a handful. This is a big sticking point for a lot of people. Vita got western games, and a lot of them are great - Assassin's Creed; Killzone; Uncharted etc. are all fun portable-entries in their respective series, there just aren't a lot of them out there. If you're happy replaying older games, you can add more variety through things like Borderlands; God of War and Ninja Gaiden that got ported to the platform.

9. You're happy trying things out. For example, I'd never tried visual novels before Vita - gave DanganRonpa a try and loved it. I was never really big on indie games - tried Hotline Miami and I was much more accepting. I never played a God of War game before Vita. I never played a Worms game. I never played a Metroidvania, then I tried Axiom Verge. All are things I'm glad I did, because it's definitely broadened my gaming horizons.

10. You have to accept that Vita's best days are behind it and you're buying the platform for the library of games that it's built up over the past 6 years; not the library of games it'll be getting over the next 6.

People will undoubtedly continue to spout how it's not worth it even after this post, but it's one of those things - if you look into it, you'll find plenty to like; but on the face of things it's easy to bash the console because it didn't sell much and Sony stopped development for it. Which is fine, it's never going to be a sales success irrespective of whether I convince people it's worth it from this post; all I'd say is if you're at all interested look into the library and don't just latch on to the hive mind of "itsdeadnogameslol" that gets trotted out anyone mentions the word Vita.

Thanks for the answer.

Now my take on it: I sadly new and considered every single aspect you mentioned, some even thrown in the OP, but having played most of what is on Vita from RPGs to indies (which I also love), and PS1 classics, the PSV main game attractors I can still find and some very few PSP games, having being gaming on PS my entire life Vita just seems like it has almost nothing I can still find enough to convince me to get it.

Recently I've been trying to look for some games I still didn't play and sadly they are massively more expensive on Vita than on PS3/PS4, things that could convince me to get a Vita as Cyber Sleuth are all easily gotten or more affordable on the platforms I already have, not to say also almost always better versions just as well.

Is there really almost nothing I can get on Vita that having been a PS gamer my entire life hasn't already provided me? The PSP is almost its only saving on that point in my current POV, do you know other games that could change it? They can be multiplatform as long as they aren't on other PS systems like Muramasa Rebirth and the likes.

Disgaea games could be a saving grace as their most content filled versions are the handheld ones, but having already spent easily over a thousand hours in the original version of the 4 of them available on Vita, they just don't attract me THAT much anymore as fuel to invest hard cash on another platform.

Yeah... though remote play IS a thing to consider as well.

But the fact is that vita doesn't have many exclusives of you have PC/ps4.

And the 3ds has SMT and PQ (with PQ2 coming up)... plus fire emblem. And xenoblade.

As much as the vita is a nice system, the 3ds just overpowers it in cost efficiency as it has tonnes of JRPGs as well. Plus the N3ds is just as powerful as the vita specs wise if you are into that.

It a solid system for anybody who like handhelds, regardless of taste. For some, like me, it's feckin aewsem! Get Virtua Tennis 4 with it, and you'll be one of the top 10 online players in the world by default. You and I could conceivably be #1 and #2 by the end of the night.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

BraLoD said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Persona 4 golden, and freedom wars are 2 must haves.

Beat P4 just last year, don't want to replay it soon.

Freedom Wars, yes, it's one of the few.

Okay, how about Persona 4 dancing all night?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
JRPGfan said:

"Convince me to get a Vita"

lets see... do any of these games intrest you?

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey
Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
Tales of Hearts R
World of Final Fantasy
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Persona 4 golden
Persona 3 portable
Final Fantasy X / X-2 remaster
Tearaway

Steins;Gate 0
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Child of Light

Ys Memories of celceta
Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
Tokyo Xanadu
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus

Gonna play devil's advocate here. Crossing out the titles that  I know are available elsewhere.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames