By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hellblade: A Beautiful Hell

CGI-Quality said:
pitzy272 said:
Nice! How far in are you??

About an hour in. Don't want to show too much, though

I knew you'd be the one to post about this game I'm glad to hear it's getting good scores, it's astounding. I thought it was too much for potential reviewers 2 score or even understand personally. I mean this is a very ambitious project and I'm glad Ninja Theory was able to get through it. I hope this means a sequel and two and a half to three million in sales or more

I won't be able to play it for some time but I expect it to do extremely well but I hope better for it

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
d21lewis said:
Somehow I missed this thread when I made mine yesterday (which, for some reason I thought was Tuesday). I'm loving the game so far.

Just your kind of game.

You know me too well!

I was driving earlier when I posted but I'm home now. I'll say this: Itwasn't on purpose but I think I've purchased and loved every game Ninja Theory has ever made. In my opinion, they're almost always amongst the industry's best when it comes to graphics.

As for this game, what can I say that hasn't been said. The game looks stunning. I'm only a couple of hours in and I can't stop taking screenshots. This may be in my top five games when it comes to visual presentation. The audio is spectacular and keeps me on edge and creeped out. The gameplay is simple but engaging. Unless things take a terrible turn or it becomes super repetitive, I can't recommend this game enough. 

Out of everything else I like the length. Sometimes games drag on for too long. 7 hours seems good to me.

dgboweniii said:

Before long Physical releases wont be a thing, and we will all be the better for it.

I'll always love me some Long ass epic RPG to play. However I'll more than welcome these short but well crafted games when they release.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

That first boss was an epic fight, loved it but he killed me 3 times can't tell if the blackrot extended up senua's arm.

Around the Network

I reckonnif this game is a success, which it really deserves then we could possibly get a physical copy further down the line. I can't help feel NinjaTheory have not marketed this game enough though. Most people I know havnt even heard of the game although they are interested in it after hearing what I told them about it.

I'm not really sold on it... just finished the illusion trail and well... hope there is more to the game than fighting the exact same type of enemy (except boss fights) and just running around. So far, I haven't seen much of the game and also havn't seen much variety.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I am approaching the end of the game, and my opinion is that this is one of the biggest positive surprises of 2017. I am playing on PS4Pro high resolution and the game is really impressive. In all honesty, like Digital Foundry investigated, the framerate is unlocked and there are a few stutters here and there, but I have not found it disturbing. What makes this game stand out is the atmosphere, creepyness, so you feel all the time chills in the spine. Absolutely amazing.

konkari said:

I am approaching the end of the game, and my opinion is that this is one of the biggest positive surprises of 2017. I am playing on PS4Pro high resolution and the game is really impressive. In all honesty, like Digital Foundry investigated, the framerate is unlocked which and there are a few stutters here and there, but I have not found it disturbing. What makes this game stand out is the atmosphere, creepyness, so you feel all the time chills in the spine. Absolutely amazing.

I agree, some people go into saying "it's too linear", "I'm just running around not doing much", "the combat is too simple" while they're not wrong in what they're saying, they don't seem to be getting what this game is all about; the atmosphere and story, the 3D audio that immerses you into Senuas world. That is all done and is as good as the very best games out there. the subject matter of Psychosis a mental illness which Senua is battling with is so unique for a protagonist and it's done perfectly.

i hope this game is a success saleswise for the sake of Ninja Theory and the direction they've gone for, an "AA" game sold at a lower price.

I watched a Let's play of the first 2 hours, was too boring to keep watching, I switched to Ancient Aliens

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.