By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Odyssey plant visuals

TheLastStarFighter said:

Why are you comparing a scene that has grass and a sunset with one that doesn't?

Lol, are we really going to play the "It's not in the same exact spot game!"  ? Ok. The grass in general has seen a huge downgrade, the Anti Aliasing in the reveal demo is significantly better, the depth of field is largely the same but the detail is much worse the farther away an object is (those areas where link is looking off to in the second screenshot actually ARE grass fields, they just don't stand out). It's an obvious downgrade.

Around the Network

And I'm over here just hoping the gameplay will be good.

KLAMarine said:

Don't think there's any need to worry about that.

The game looks good, but I am not a fan of the 3D World type "shiny plastic" look for Mario and Co.

They should just re-use the art style for Galaxy, that looked fantastic, and had a very soft/organic look to it somehow. Mario should not look like a living plastic toy.

StarDoor said:
KLAMarine said:

Don't think there's any need to worry about that.

I always worry. As a matter of principle.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Why are you comparing a scene that has grass and a sunset with one that doesn't?

Lol, are we really going to play the "It's not in the same exact spot game!"  ? Ok. The grass in general has seen a huge downgrade, the Anti Aliasing in the reveal demo is significantly better, the depth of field is largely the same but the detail is much worse the farther away an object is (those areas where link is looking off to in the second screenshot actually ARE grass fields, they just don't stand out). It's an obvious downgrade.

I was just being helpful.  You'd look a lot less ridiculous if you compared similar scenes.

TheLastStarFighter said:

I was just being helpful.  You'd look a lot less ridiculous if you compared similar scenes.

No you weren't. The game has a million grass fields, a time system, and the game *obviously* looks worse just by glancing at it. You'd have to see literally no gameplay footage or trailer from the game or the game's beta to not notice a difference.

Here's the closest I can find for you: 

It's a good looking game but a noticable downgrade

TheLastStarFighter said:

No you weren't. The game has a million grass fields, a time system, and the game *obviously* looks worse just by glancing at it. You'd have to see literally no gameplay footage or trailer from the game or the game's beta to not notice a difference.

Here's the closest I can find for you: 

It's a good looking game but a noticable downgrade

Are you saying the top scene is a downgrade from the bottom one?  I'm confused.

TheLastStarFighter said:

Are you saying the top scene is a downgrade from the bottom one?  I'm confused.

No i'm .... bruh jeebuz nevermind 

I don't expect a vegetation like you'll get in Kingdom Come. No serioulsy....check the game out:

https://youtu.be/HxGt7U6xP84

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3