By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dragon Ball Super is THE worst anime I've ever watched

Rate Dragon Ball Super

0/10 15 5.86%

9/10 50 19.53%

8/10 50 19.53%

7/10 59 23.05%

6/10 21 8.20%

5/10 26 10.16%

4/10 9 3.52%

3/10 4 1.56%

2/10 10 3.91%

1/18 12 4.69%

Total:256

It's a DB anime, they were never really good. I didn't watch it yet because I just don't have the time. I'm too busy watching actually great animes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

The first few arcs of Super are bad retellings of the 2 recent Dragonball movies, Battle of Gods and Ressurection F. It gets better after it starts telling original stories, but I'd say the current universe survival arc is the first truly good arc the series has had.

Dragonball's biggest problem is that it had naturally moved beyond the Goku/Vegeta rivalry during the Cell games when Gohan surpassed them both and Goku chose to stay dead. That rivalry should have gone the same way as the Goku/Piccolo and Goku/Tien rivalries after that, but they decided to continue the rivalry instead, and that both caused other characters, like Gohan and Piccolo, to be thrown under the bus while undoing most of the development Goku and Vegeta had. Vegeta has really started to develop recently, but Goku has never had much growth since his introduction as a child, and what little growth he had was thrown out the window when he came back to life.

monocle_layton said:

I hear Full Metal Brotherhood is better because the ending is considered more complete. I'll probably watch both.

As of now, I'm not really sure what I'll watch. I may watch Castlevania soon. 

I appreciate the recommendations though. By the end of this year I think my list will add Castlevania only, but I don't think that's an anime. Once I get the chance I'll get into FMA

It is ... most people prefer Broho because it follows the manga almost exactly while 03 becomes completely different halfway through to the point of lunacy ... Brotherhood has a lot of problems people just don't seem to notice though. Yeah, watch both if you're willing. FMA 03 is 51 episodes, FMAB is 64.

Eh, who cares if it's an anime. No problem. I try not to recommend people stuff because it gets annoying and I have so many shows recommended to me, but I couldn't resist haha, sorry. As long as you're watching something you enjoy. I am very slow to watch anime, haven't watched one in about 3 months. Sounds good! If you don't have a lot of time for long series, Kino's Journey is the shortest btw. 

I'm only watching this anime because I heard Android 17 was returning so that's when I jumped on board during this tournament arc. It's effing terrible. This is like the worst tournament I have ever seen. At first I thought a Batte Royale was brining something new to the table but instead it was a lazy way to get rid of all the fodder universe characters. A regular tourney could still be used lazy but I would rather see randoms be announced out a tourney than see a whole episode or 15 minutes of the episode dedicated to them.

Watching the Android/Cell Arc compared to this is sad. Once 17 falls out which is bound to happen since his name isn't goku or vegeta I'm out.

Should probably try and watch my hero again but that shit literally put me to sleep, get that good shit in the 1st episode cause whatever I saw in that first episode had me catching Z's

Around the Network
vivster said:
It's a DB anime, they were never really good. I didn't watch it yet because I just don't have the time. I'm too busy watching actually great animes.

It's been a while since I watched Z or the OG. I think my score for Z would be around Naruto's level, while Dragonball would be lower too

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
monocle_layton said:

I hear Full Metal Brotherhood is better because the ending is considered more complete. I'll probably watch both.

As of now, I'm not really sure what I'll watch. I may watch Castlevania soon. 

I appreciate the recommendations though. By the end of this year I think my list will add Castlevania only, but I don't think that's an anime. Once I get the chance I'll get into FMA

It is ... most people prefer Broho because it follows the manga almost exactly while 03 becomes completely different halfway through to the point of lunacy ... Brotherhood has a lot of problems people just don't seem to notice though. Yeah, watch both if you're willing. FMA 03 is 51 episodes, FMAB is 64.

Eh, who cares if it's an anime. No problem. I try not to recommend people stuff because it gets annoying and I have so many shows recommended to me, but I couldn't resist haha, sorry. As long as you're watching something you enjoy. I am very slow to watch anime, haven't watched one in about 3 months. Sounds good! If you don't have a lot of time for long series, Kino's Journey is the shortest btw. 

At the end of the day, I watch anime for fun. I don't break down everything and try to find a moral behind every piece of dialogue. Even a flawed show like Shippuden is still fine by me if it's enjoyable overall.

Super is the opposite of enjoyable. It's easily on my list of worst things ever watched. Just wish the franchise died. It never needed to go past Majin buu, and even then some people questioned the final arc

HandofPrometheus said:
I'm only watching this anime because I heard Android 17 was returning so that's when I jumped on board during this tournament arc. It's effing terrible. This is like the worst tournament I have ever seen. At first I thought a Batte Royale was brining something new to the table but instead it was a lazy way to get rid of all the fodder universe characters. A regular tourney could still be used lazy but I would rather see randoms be announced out a tourney than see a whole episode or 15 minutes of the episode dedicated to them.

Watching the Android/Cell Arc compared to this is sad. Once 17 falls out which is bound to happen since his name isn't goku or vegeta I'm out.

This is just ridiculous. I wrote better stories as a ten year old lol. It's a cash cow which has no meaning anymore. Literally any show with a plotline is better than super. The worst parts of the end of Shippuden is better than all of dbs. At least during the infinite tsukoyomi we got interesting fillers to show the backstory of characters.

In Dbs all meaning is lost. Not worth watching when it isn't even dragonball. Explosions everywhere, a weird alien, some ginyu ripoff, powerpuff girls, dollar store saiyans - this is disappointing

TorterraBoy said:
Should probably try and watch my hero again but that shit literally put me to sleep, get that good shit in the 1st episode cause whatever I saw in that first episode had me catching Z's

I got interested because Deku wasn't another character with a sad story with dead parents or whatever. Even with a lot of combat, I never felt like it was brainless compared to Super. I recommend you still watching. As with any anime, the first episode will usually by the slowest. Only exception would be Death Parade, where the best episode was somehow the first.

monocle_layton said:

At the end of the day, I watch anime for fun. I don't break down everything and try to find a moral behind every piece of dialogue. Even a flawed show like Shippuden is still fine by me if it's enjoyable overall.

Super is the opposite of enjoyable. It's easily on my list of worst things ever watched. Just wish the franchise died. It never needed to go past Majin buu, and even then some people questioned the final arc

Yeah I wasn't trying to come off like an ass with my OP comment lol D : 

I agree. I really like Naruto(original), Jojo, and HxH for the enjoyment level.

monocle_layton said:

Well if you just want to have fun, might I suggest G Gundam, if you don't mind dated animation.  Unlike other Gundams which are about non-too-subtle messages about the horrors of war with political intrigue mixed in with the giant mech battles, G Gundam is about a tournament where fighters from space colonies battle in giant slightly racist super powered meches in a torunament to see what nation will rull the world.  It gets more elaborate with a bigger plot, but that's the foundation.  And it's outrageous.  And cheesy.  And ridiculous.  And a great time, imo.   It lives by two tropes: refuge in audacity and the rule of cool.  It honestly feels like the main goal was for the creators to have fun with the show.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
monocle_layton said:

Yeah I wasn't trying to come off like an ass with my OP comment lol D : 

I agree. I really like Naruto(original), Jojo, and HxH for the enjoyment level.

You're fine. Not as bad as those who treat DBS like a work of art