By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I bought Doom and Horizon yesterday and did not enjoy either

You simply do not like RPG's.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Why do people like Uncharted? The "platforming" makes me feel like I don't even need to be in the room. Does it get better?

For me, it was there technical achievements and the characters. Gunplay was really good in U4, too.

I have doom but I haven't started it yet.

Horizon started off quite "meh" to me at got better over time. Took more than an hour, that's for sure. Several hours in the gameplay really grew on me though. Never had an issue with the story though.

4 ≈ One

I bought Horizon, Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 to play on my vacation. I thought I would enjoy Horizon the most and Last Guardian the least - but so far it is the opposite. I am already on my second playtrough of Last nGuardian.
So far Horizon is beautiful but too linear, and I have to rely too much on the map to find my way.
...and it lacks gyro-aim.

I don't really understand the purpose of these types of threads. You didn't enjoy something that millions of other people did. Your opinion isn't worth more than anybody else's and with such minimal effort in your complaint about the game(s) I would argue your opinion is veritably worthless.

Around the Network

Doom is amazing, stick with it. Super fun
Horizon is a drag

baloofarsan said:

I bought Horizon, Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 to play on my vacation. I thought I would enjoy Horizon the most and Last Guardian the least - but so far it is the opposite. I am already on my second playtrough of Last nGuardian.
So far Horizon is beautiful but too linear, and I have to rely too much on the map to find my way.

Horizon is linear?  It's an open world game...

gergroy said:
baloofarsan said:

Horizon is linear?  It's an open world game...

I am about to do the "Proving" so I am only in the begining. Hopefully the game will open up more later.

I think Horizon starts a little slow but it gets more interesting as you progress so I would say keep playing and if you don't like it then it's not for you.

OhNoYouDont said:

I don't really understand the purpose of these types of threads. You didn't enjoy something that millions of other people did. Your opinion isn't worth more than anybody else's and with such minimal effort in your complaint about the game(s) I would argue your opinion is veritably worthless.

This times a thousand. If a game comes recommended by millions of other people, I'll play it for at least ten hours before giving up on it.