By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest Builders 2 announced for Switch and PS4!

twintail said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
And here we are seeing the effect of Switch being a combination portable/home console. Games like Disgaea 5, Puyo Puyo, Monster Hunter XX and DragonQuest Builders 2 wouldn't have been made for a strictly home console. Square has jumped on board the Switch train. Now we just need Atlus to decide that Switch is their new console of choice. We'll be drowning in JRPG goodness.

But those games exist on a console only device. And MH is getting a console only version so it would have been that version the switch got..

Being handheld isnt that important. The system is strong enough to port to and with a traditional controk scheme so those benefits are there to help e porting decisions along. The fact that switch is doing well enough sales wise means supporting it is an obvious decision to make. 

It's basically getting the Vita treatment. Few exclusive 3rd party games, but lots of ports of games that exist on regular consoles. That's not bad for the first six months of a system's life cycle. IMO the Vita's problem was that it got nothing but ports. With Nintendo that isn't going to be an issue since they will actively support the Switch unlike what Sony did to the Vita. 

Around the Network

Hmm, if there is a demo for this game, I'll be sure to try it for sure, this time.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Dr.Vita said:
Meh, I would have loved to see this one the Vita... :/
But at least PS4 is getting a fantastic Square Enix support!                                     

Feels bad to be a Vita owner. That handheld is doing poorly now in its last region of hope. Thinking of getting a Switch? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Dr.Vita said:

So is the Switch!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Jranation said:
Dr.Vita said:

Feels bad to be a Vita owner. That handheld is doing poorly now in its last region of hope. Thinking of getting a Switch? 

Nope, I will probably never buy a Nintendo console anymore in my life.
I don't like neither the consoles Nintendo produces nor their exclusive games.

Do you own a PS Vita? It just got 2 new Persona games announced for it this week, how could you feel bad as a PS Vita owner with such a big week? lol

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Jranation said:

Nope, I will probably never buy a Nintendo console anymore in my life.
I don't like neither the consoles Nintendo produces nor their exclusive games.

Do you own a PS Vita? It just got 2 new Persona games announced for it this week, how could you feel bad as a PS Vita owner with such a big week? lol

I was talking about this game. I thought you were sad that its not coming to the Vita?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nice. Switch its a Fatality for PS Vita in Japan Now.

spurgeonryan said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Quite the opposite isn`t it? They were only third if you look at only home consoles. Looking at them as a whole, they were far from third.

Sure the 3ds was there,  selling well in Japan.  I guess if you combine it all together then Nintendo was ahead of Microsoft, but that is because they have not gone after..... Oh wait,  they sell phones and a lot of other gadgets. 

Sony,  Microsoft,  Nintendo. 

But Nintendo did win the Wii/DS gen.  3DS certainly also beat the Vita. If you want to throw everything Nintendo has at Microsoft and Sony,  then it is only fair to let Microsoft do the same.  No?

I'd dare say that the 3DS, on it's own, was more succesful than the XB1 will be. 

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Jranation said:
Dr.Vita said:

He has a ps4 which gets way more Japanese games.  Are you getting a ps4? 

Anyway ps4/Switch is the way to go.  Big change from last gen when ps3 often wasn't considered. 

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

He has a ps4 which gets way more Japanese games.  Are you getting a ps4? 

Anyway ps4/Switch is the way to go.  Big change from last gen when ps3 often wasn't considered. 

PS4 / Switch and the PC for Overwatch is the combo you need this gen :)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive