By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predictions: Switch VR be the most sucessful VR device, metroid prime 4 will be a launch killer app, 2020.

Predictions:

-VR on switch will appear.

-Not in current switch form, a new revision of switch: now with 4 switch capabilities: handheld, tabletop, TV and now VR, comes with addictiol acessory, a VR glasses(mostly plastic). Id say 2020.

-Metroid prime 4 will be launched same day as Switch VR.

-Will sell more than PSVR and any other VR device.

Facts: VR is just crawling, oculus is performing worst than expected, and PSVR slightly better than expected. It is not mainstream.

Reasons: 

1-Expensive because it requires to buy adictional devices. 700+$ for VR experience.

2-Too complicated, wires, limitations on locomotion(you just cant play anywhere).

3-Lack of million seller killer apps

VR rellies a lot in motion controls, switch has as one of the main features the motion controls. Just put the screen on glasses and we have a VR form factor without addictional wires and acessories, easy, anywhere. 

So, switch VR would be ready to tackle the reason 1 and 2.

Switch would totally have killer apps: switch already will have games that implement motion controls on games that could easily be adapter to VR. Also, they have metroid, mario kart VR. Also, the industry have 3 years to develop VR killer apps, and as switch VR will be announced, developers wo]ill port them to switch (because switch would already be a sucsess and developers wont ignore it, specially VR developers)

Metroid is already expected to be at 2019, with the history of nintendo delaying a game for new device launch, they will also develop for work a VR title.

Given that, a cheap, easy, complete device ready for VR, with VR worth titles, iconic franchises that sell millions, it would be sucessful. Even if people dont use VR, and want to buy a switch, they gonna buy the VR bucause it is included, and the sales will count(like people who bought PS2 for DVD playing, the sales counted for PS2)

The reason of the 2020 date is the technology. Todays technology woulndt allow it to work properly.

Minor predictions: Mario kart VR (a new MK) will also bt a launch title. 250 to 350$, unless if it comes with a game. 1080p screen. While in other modes, it allow to play games with more reslution or FPS for some games (zelda, Splatoon and the important games will receive updates to use the extra power of the device to lock 1080@60 while on tv mode). Skyrim VR, Res evil 7 will be there. Arms will be adapted to VR too.

Update(17/08/2017): Maybe I was not clear, by the comments I think didnt expressed me well. I didnt meant metroid on switch would be exclusive to VR, indeed, not even the other nintendo games. All be playable on regular switch too. It meant to keep the phylosophy: you can play on VR mode, change to TV, change to handheld and continue playing (only different res).If not, ot wouldnt be nintendo switch. VR on switch also wouldnt be a experience like Oculus. No head tracking beyond gyros and acelerometers. It wont be the selling point.

Around the Network

Apple and Nintendo can both make things popular (albeit apple can keep it lasting longer). They both should enter VR honestly. It's a gold mine waiting to be exploree

If they make a VR headset that looks just like Samus' helmet, I'll consider it.

Nintendo wouldn't have to go very far in order to convert the Switch into a VR machine. They already have a screen that can go in front of your face, and motion controllers. If they just made and sold a $50.00 device that strapped over your head, and could dock the Switch they'd be in business. Like this doohickey, but for the Switch. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-daydream-view-vr-headset-slate/5667796.p?skuId=5667796

Best of all, since the Switch is already portable you wouldn't be tethered down by any cords. So the VR experience wouldn't be as limiting. 

Too soon. High quality VR needs to be 8K+ @ 120fps with visuals on par or better then current non VR games. Switch in 2020 will be around PS4 power in handheld mode.

I do agree that Nintendo will eventually make VR games, to great success as well, but it will be towards the end of the 2020's when PS4/XBO level graphics are easily achievable at 4K+ @ 120fps in the $300 - $400 price range. I think Nintendo can get away with slightly lower graphics and IQ than the rest, but it won't happen for a while.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I hope Nintendo never does Virtual Reality. I also do not think they will do such a thing on the Switch anyway. If they do VR it will be on the Switch 3. (Yes I am expecting VR to be too expensive in generation 10).

Nintendo likes to make cheap consoles and I doubt VR can be at a low price and be good quality anytime soon.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

👏 Let 👏 VR 👏 die 👏

Edit: Actually...

👏 Bring 👏 the 👏 Virtual 👏 Boi 👏 back 👏

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/big-leap-apple-augmented-reality-48988246

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/1/16074774/apple-ar-headset-goggles-augmented-reality

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidphelan/2017/08/02/the-week-in-wearables-apple-smart-glasses-tim-cook-on-ar-apple-watch-financials-and-more/#426262291667

AR is the future, not VR

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
KBG29 said:
Too soon. High quality VR needs to be 8K+ @ 120fps with visuals on par or better then current non VR games. Switch in 2020 will be around PS4 power in handheld mode.

I do agree that Nintendo will eventually make VR games, to great success as well, but it will be towards the end of the 2020's when PS4/XBO level graphics are easily achievable at 4K+ @ 120fps in the $300 - $400 price range. I think Nintendo can get away with slightly lower graphics and IQ than the rest, but it won't happen for a while.

Wow people  are expecting  a gen 10 Nintendo  console  in less then 3 years? Omg.

Thats horrible. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil