Forums - Sony Discussion - Can't decide what to get

Which game shall I buy?

Nioh 29 54.72%

Gravity Rush 2 24 45.28%

Total:53
Fei-Hung said:
think-man said:
Get both :)

Dammit man, I just bought trainers for £140. I can't kill my wallet anymore :'-(

Personally, I enjoyed Nioh more. That's probably cause I'm a hardcore souls fan. 

Around the Network

If you can't decide...get both.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

arcaneguyver said:
Fei-Hung said:

Pervy Sensei has been telling me to get Nioh more than he has stressed me to play Legion of Doom aka LoD. I told him I won't get it until he gets Nier Automata hehe

My main worry with Nioh is since I struggled massively with boss fights during the beta, will I be able to do complete it if there aren't enough people still playing it and helping out noobs like me. 

I haven't played Nioh myself, but have heard from many the difficulty was massively reduced for official release.

Sweet. Looks like I might stand a chance then. It's odd, until the bosses I was a killing machine! 

Hiku said:
Fei-Hung said:

Sweet. Looks like I might stand a chance then. It's odd, until the bosses I was a killing machine! 

Didn't notice any particular difference from the demos.
But since DLC episodes are still being released (I believe the latest one came out about a week ago), there should still be people playing to help you if you need it.
As for bosses, usually it's about learning their patterns. But as you level up and learn new skills, such as the magic that slows your opponent down, it gets a bit easier regardless.

The thing about Gravity Rush 2 is that I think it may become a free PS+ game like like the first one, later on.

Yup, I learn the patterns, but my issue has always been patience. In games I lack it massively. I sent Pervy Sensei a Bloodborne video and he was appalled. My strategy was brute strength where I just ran into the ass of one of the bosses and stabbed away until it died lol

If only the same was on for longer. I could have bought Nioh now and Gravity Rush 2 when I get paid on the 15th.

Didn't play Nioh, but GR2 is an awesome game, going further than the original in almost every way.

If you liked Gravity Rush, you should love GR2.

Around the Network

Nioh because I have a feeling that Gravity Rush 2 will be a PS Plus game someday.
Both are great games though. You can't make a bad decision.

As a guy who bought the original GR on PSV and PS4 and GR2 (each on day one) I say Nioh. Never played that one but GR2 is a technical mess.

Nioh for sure. And don't worry about difficulty, like most JRPG's you can simply outlevel stuff and do sidequests if it gets too hard. You can also change your weapon or style fairly freely if you decide that it is too hard.

Thanks everone. I think I will buy gravity rush 2. I know it might be a free ps+ game in the future but I think the devs deserve the sale. Hopefully if Nioh is still on offer on the 15th of August I'll buy that next.

Now is about deciding what to pay first, gravity rush 2 or TLG. Decisions, decisions.

Well, since you really love both franchises; you can't really go wrong with either one. I'll just say Nioh then, I bought the game around launch myself but I'm just now playing. GR2 is on my to buy list though.