By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DQ11 sells over 2m copies in 2 days! (Retail sales)

Software:

2.08 million copies sold

3DS: 1.13 million
PS4: 950k

Hardware: 

PS4: 94k

3DS: 127k

Numbers are from Famitsu so include download cards bought at retail but not sales directly through psn.  So ps4 version is likely 1m+ after 2 days.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201708/02138908.html

Around the Network

PS4 justified. Not sure if this includes digital.

3DS hardware: 126,790
PS4 hardware: 93,954

Also, Famitsu says that the PS4 passed 5 million this week.

I was spot on for PS4, but a little under for 3DS. Install base made some difference after all.

great numbers for the first week.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Over 120,000 3DS systems sold.
Nearly 100,000 PS4 systems sold.

And to answer your question, no it does not include digital.
It includes download cards for the PlayStation Store and Nintendo eShop! But not purchases from the digital stores themselves.

The dragon is as alive and ferocious as ever!

I'd be impressed but that actually sounds low for DQ. The declining market and poor release time couldn't have helped it.

Edit: Not as bad as I thought, only a couple hundred k below 8 & 9 which released on much stronger platforms

Kerotan said:
PS4 justified. Not sure if this includes digital.

It does not include digital, which means the true opening is 2.2 to 2.4 million, matching or perhaps exceeding Dragon Quest IX on the DS which opened to 2.3 million. Awesome result

A lot of people are eating crow at the moment.
Great sales. 1m seller for ps4. That's almost 50-50 ratio. Between 3ds and ps4

Like I said, in terms of physical the 3DS version is going to edge it out, regardless of graphics. There's just a larger install base and Dragon Quest fans, such as myself don't necessarily need a beautiful HD game to sell us on it. That being said, I will most likely enjoy the PS4 version much better but if both are being localized I'll get both.

I also hope I can renege on my Monster Hunter prediction