By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DQ11 sells over 2m copies in 2 days! (Retail sales)

PS4 version a lot closer than I was expecting, especially since the install base is four times larger for 3DS there. Great opening.

Around the Network
bluedawgs said:
Kerotan said:
PS4 justified. Not sure if this includes digital.

It does not include digital, which means the true opening is 2.2 to 2.4 million, matching or perhaps exceeding Dragon Quest IX on the DS which opened to 2.3 million. Awesome result

Hmm you arent really expecting 250-450k PSN sales are you?

Great sales no less

nice to see this game hold up mostly compared to previous versions. Most games havent been able to do that. Honestly this will probably not beat DQ 9, 8 or 7 but it's up there not far away. Other big games like FF are cratering in japan so I'm glad to see this.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Seems like a nice precursor for MHW sales.

Great game btw. Just need to fix that bug where everything is written in Japanese.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mbolibombo said:
bluedawgs said:

It does not include digital, which means the true opening is 2.2 to 2.4 million, matching or perhaps exceeding Dragon Quest IX on the DS which opened to 2.3 million. Awesome result

Great sales no less

No chance. FFXV did 88k digital and 860k physical first month. So FW DQX1 PS4 probably did just over 1m.

Around the Network

Remarkably close given the huge install base gap, but i'd put a chunk of that down to the PS4 version likley being the preferred pick for dedicated fans of the series. The longer the game is on the market and by extension the larger a percentage of its total sales are more casual players of the series, i think we'll see the relative gap widen.

Mar1217 said:
DQ series still so strong in Japan :0

After seeing people claiming the PS4 would sell more copies han the 3DS version, I'm glad the 3DS managed to edge it, especially since we're at it's end life.

When it was first announced people said what's the point of the ps4 version and that it was a waste of money and resources.  People said the 3DS version would outsell it 3/4/5:1 and that ps4 version wouldn't even hit 1m lifetime.  

The negativity as usual was a lot worse on gaf then here but I'm delighted to see the ps4 version sell so well.  Including digital and future Asian/western sales ps4 version will beat the 3DS. 

Mbolibombo said:
bluedawgs said:

Great sales no less

Farsala said:
Mbolibombo said:

Great sales no less

No chance. FFXV did 88k digital and 860k physical first month. So FW DQX1 PS4 probably did just over 1m.

The game sold 2.08 million at retail, the PS4 digital sales are at the very least 100k going by FFXV's 90k digital first month with way lower sales, also the PS4 version was sold out apparently at a bunch of stores which means people will opt for the digital version, plus the 3DS digital numbers which are probably 60k or more so yeah 2.2 to 2.3 million seems pretty accurate to me

Was hoping for a bigger boost in the ps4 hardware sales.

I was pretty close, 100k gap for PS4 and 300k to 100k for 3DS (I wasnt sure what to expect).

Impressive 3DS hardware numbers.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988