By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22

I pity the fool who offered me OBJ for Ajayi.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
I pity the fool who offered me OBJ for Ajayi.

PHI-CAR 1
CHI-BAL 1
CLE-HOU 2 GB-MIN 1
DET-NO 2
MIA-ATL 2 NE-NYJ 1 SF-WAS 2
TB-ARI 1 LAR-JAX 2
PIT-KC 2 LAC-OAK 2
NYG-DEN 2 BYE   BYE   IND-TEN 1 by 3

Looks like im gonna keep dropping in the predicitons...shucks

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

RolStoppable said:
Arminillo said:

Looks like im gonna keep dropping in the predicitons...shucks

Maybe, but the important question I have is if you are willing to trade Adrian Peterson in our fantasy league and if yes, if there's someone on my roster that you would like to have. Reasonable trades, of course. No Eli Manning for Aaron Rodgers bullshit.

not sure if i wana potentially help a division rival...but ill think about it

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

FANTASY ROUNDUP - WEEK 5

Week 5 saw one division get cleared up in a hurry and the other remain pretty blurry. Angelus and Ludicrous Speed have established themselves as the class of the Hoshido Division, each with 4-1 records; only one other team in that group has fewer than 3 losses at this point. Meanwhile, The Nohr Division remains pretty foggy, with a three way tie atop the division at 3-2. The initial round of divisional play is now over; which I didn't take into account when making threats earlier, so I'm probably going to get my ass kicked by Rol (3-2) this week. Couple of other matches with potential early playoff implications; Angelus (4-1) takes on Doomfist (3-2), and Arminillo (3-2) goes up against Longest Foot (3-2). 

Once again, there were no real upsets to be found. Two players won who were each underdogs by 3 points or less, but that doesn't seem like much of an upset (and the "biggest" upset was also our closest game), so I'm inserting a new category; highest scoring game. Might as well recognize the teams that played well this week (i.e. not me).

Biggest Blowout: Doomfist 109.20, Dongo's Gridiron Gamers 62.92

Another frustrating week for what is probably the most inconsistent team in the league. Bilal Powell, Jaron Brown, and Mike Evans all disappointed, but the biggest disappointment was saved for last, with Oakland's defense making the Ravens look like the 2013 Broncos. On the flip side, Cam Newton continues to improve and has helped Doomfist win 3 of his last 4, with additional solid performances from Melvin Gordon and Harrison Butker. Doesn't sound familiar? Won't blame you; he's the Chiefs' kicker and put up 5 field goals as Kansas City attempted to show it can win by relying on kicking just as well as it can lose by it.

Closest Game: The Longest Foot 56.02, The Loins 55.56

The "upset" of the week also happened to be the closest game; and was also a snorefest. Evan Engram's 0 point statline was just one of a long list of disappointments for BlowoverKing, who also saw DeMarco Murray, Eric Decker, and Golden Tate turn in sub 5 point games. Things weren't much better for seth: his starting running backs, Carlos Hyde and Tarik Cohen, combined for 2.5 points, but hey. A win's a win.

Highest Scoring Game: LousyPack 108.74, HanginwithHernandez 102.04

The battle between players who keep making shitty trade offers: Hernandez keeps trying to trade me Amari Cooper for players way better than him, and now I know why. Cooper's miserable performance (0.8 points) was likely the difference in this shooutout. On the flip side, Dak Prescott, DeAndre Hopkins, and Aaron Jones all put up 19 points or better for Hernandez, while Rol had six players score in double digits, highlighted by the usual high point game by Aaron Rodgers against the Cowboys. With Rol back over .500, it'll be interesting to see whether he chooses a good performance in picking games or fantasy football this week.

The rest:

It Ertz when Eifert 73.78, Nohrian Scum 55.02

Arminillo 109.42, Alpha Males 81.26

Arch 118.56, SCAB 62.30

I'd post standings but my usual computer has failed me, and as a result I'm stuck with one that has difficulty taking screenshots. Standings are, as always, available to view here if you wish.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said: 

Arch 118.56, SCAB 62.30

You are bad at math

Angelus said:
MTZehvor said: 

Arch 118.56, SCAB 62.30

You are bad at math

Believe it or not, that was intentional (although forgetting to leave a note in the post explaining why was not). SCAB had been on the losing end of the biggest blowout for consecutive weeks before, and it felt kinda repetitive to put him on for biggest blowout for three straight games. He's basically become the Browns of our league. You don't get special mention for blowing out the Browns.

5-9? Well that was a weird fucking week.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

RolStoppable said:

But in all seriousness, SCAB is a wannabe Lousy Pack with significantly worse players. Might already be intentionally tanking the season.

Well he is starting Dorsett who is #4 option for Brady over Garcon.  One has to wonder.  Suppose it is probably because he hasn't messed with his team this week considering he has a guy and defense with bye in starting lineup still but he probably has given up all hope.  Some reason playing him brings out the best in your team.  Almost feel sorry for him.

RolStoppable said:
sethnintendo said:

Well he is starting Dorsett who #4 option for Brady over Garcon.  One has to wonder.

He also starts two RBs of NE. Looks like a blatant fan team of someone who likes Green Bay and New England. So probably less intentionally tanking, but rather blind fanboyism that leads to repeatedly poor scorelines for his fantasy team.

Must be tough being a NE fan starting Eli though.  I would never draft Eli myself.