By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, the Chiefs are trash.

After a 5-0 Start they lose their next 6 out of 7 games. I really thought I picked the Jets, but it seems I am still plagued by Chiefs bias from earlier in the season.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Farsala said:
In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, the Chiefs are trash.

After a 5-0 Start they lose their next 6 out of 7 games. I really thought I picked the Jets, but it seems I am still plagued by Chiefs bias from earlier in the season.

I am quite sure that people have noticed that the Chiefs are trash, but the Jets' form curve hasn't been any better. I think they started 3-2 and went on to be 4-7, giving them the same 1-5 record over the past six games as the Chiefs. Difference is that the Chiefs have a more talented roster, so picking them was understandable.

Counterpoint: Home team has an advantage when it is between 2 trash teams.

2: Strength of schedule. Jets 1-5 against 5 winning teams, while Chiefs 1-5 against 3 winning teams even losing to Giants.

cycycychris said:
Looks like Gronk might have a suspension after that extremely late hit. Clearly targeting the head.

He probably deserves it, but I'd be surprised if he got suspended. You usually either have to do something truly awful or involving a ref to get suspended for on field conduct. Ndamukong Suh wasn't suspended for choking Ryan Mallett, Vontaze Burficit didn't get suspended for kicking a Steelers' player, AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey weren't suspended for punching each other, etc.

Considering that Gronk doesn't really have a history with this sort of stuff, he'll likely get a warning and a sizable fine.

Silly me thinking that Atlanta would play with some desperation against the Vikings. I mean seriously......every single person that Case threw the ball to was wide fucking open. Like so damn open that they could have sat down on a lawn chair and read a book before making the catch. How they only won by like 5 points is beyond comprehension to me.

Not really sure what Gronk was thinking with that dirty shot. Should be suspended.

Around the Network

Ya you can't be going at a defenseless player's head/neck like that. Poor show

Welp, glad the Eagles lost but then I'm annoyed. Looking more and more likely 10-6 won't be good enough to make the playoffs in the NFC. Oh well :P

So if Packers "Run the Table" Part 2, are they more than likely in?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Haha

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:
So if Packers "Run the Table" Part 2, are they more than likely in?

Likely, yes, but no longer virtually guaranteed with GB winning out. Seattle beating Philly dealt a significant blow to Green Bay's playoff chances, as it was one of the most losable games left on the schedule for the Seahawks and GB holds the tiebreaker over them. Still, the NFC is going to cannibalize itself over the last four weeks of the season, so a GB wild card with a late winning streak is still very realistic. Assuming GB runs the table and finishes 10-6, they need at least two of the following to transpire (there are other combinations, but nowhere near as realistic).

-Seattle to lose two more games (@JAX, vs. LAR, @DAL, vs. ARI)

-Carolina to lose one more game from the following (vs. MIN, vs. TB, @ATL) along with a Week 15 loss to GB

-Atlanta to lose two more games from the following (vs. NO, @TB, @NO, vs. CAR)

Green Bay would take care of Detroit if they were still in the playoff picture by beating them in Week 17. The Packers also hold the tiebreaker over Dallas, so as long as they win out they don't need to worry about the Cowboys.

On a slightly related note, Russell Wilson deserves some serious consideration for MVP, especially if the "valuable" part of that title holds any meaning. The guy has single handily been the Seahawks' offense for about 7 weeks now. And now that I've said that he'll put up 3 fantasy points next week and I'll go one and done.

Last edited by MTZehvor - on 04 December 2017