By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ prices increasing in some regions on August 31st

Well hopefully this means better quality titles, because I don't see how they can justify this otherwise.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
I ain't paying 50 quid get tae fuck

Then you should have bought it recently when it was on sale for €35. I'm covered up until the end of 2019. And I'm sure there will be another sale in a year or two so I can extend.  If you don't want to pay the new price renew now before it goes up.  

Anyway I'm glad they did. Last 4 months free titles have been excellent and this increases the chances of the quality staying high. And as I've said I'll never have to pay full price for my ps plus anyway. 

SvennoJ said:
Pyro as Bill said:

It's a 25% increase for the annual and 33% increase for the 3month.

2.6% inflation rate is 19.7% over 7 years, 22.8% over 8 years, 26% over 9 years. It adds up.

In Canada it went up by 40% last year from CAD 49.99 to CAD 69.99, thanks to the Canadian dollar dropping 20% in value as well. It felt like a bargain to top up at the old price in a recent sale. Heck Dell already sells it at CAD 74.99 here...

Interesting. So it's the same price as when it launched.  Anyway buy it now before it goes up folks and buy another year next time it's on sale. Smart consumers always win. 

For the Payer...

I hope they start including PS Now or movies or something, its about time it became a single service for that cost.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

HAHAHAHAHA SONY BITCHEZ PONY FUCKERS HAHAHAHAH TAKE SONY"S DICK IN YOUR STUPID MOUTH HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Around the Network

You're playing with fire Sony, don't let it get to your head.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Ruler said:
vivster said:

Just got the mail. I blame Microsoft and Nintendo.

This is a 20% increase.

You still pay even tough youre a PC gamer?

I actually don't know if I still have a subscription or not. I bought a bunch of years in the first year of PS4. Probably already expired.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hiku said:
Lawlight said:
More than fair. I keep a spreadsheet with all the games I get, their prices and which ones I played. You'd be a fool not to have PS+.

I ≠ You.

The only games I got during my prevbious 1 year PS+ that I wanted to play were Yakuza 5 and Resident Evil HD.
I can see why that won't be worth it depending on your gaming taste.
That said, I personally like the PS+ discounts more, and made my money back from that.

Recently activated a new 1 year subscription (got it for about $35 on sale) and so far I got Life is Strange that I like. Hopefully I'll get to use some nice PS+ discounts again during the year.

Who's fault is it that you do not want to give Until Dawn, Alienation, Tales from the Borderlands, Tearaway, LBP3 or Killing Floor?

Areym said:
You're playing with fire Sony, don't let it get to your head.

Europe is Sonyland. They have little to fear in these regions. Unless the NS turns into a dominating sales beast in Europe nothing will change.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Just did an Australian inflation calculation - $69.95 in 2010 is $79.38 in 2016. By the end of 2017, that would be $81.69. As I said, fair.