By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How the Xbox One X can have a real shot at success, despite the high price.

darkenergy said:
vivster said:

Talking about XBox One X. God, what a stupid name. Apparently this thread is about it.

If it sells on par with the 360 I'm looking forward to it reaching 80m.

It won't.

It's too early to say the Xbox One X isn't a success and no the name isn't stupid or else there would be people all over the web complaining about that.

It's stupid enough so that people like you won't even recognize the simple acronym XBOX.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Azzanation said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

While I understand why you brought up the install base I also don't really go by that....Just because they had twice the install base it did not mean that the game would have sold that much as fast. If that was the case there would be more games with that number but all we have is....UC4, The Last Of Us Remastered, Uncharted collection and more than likely HZD. I mean it was over 3.4 million as of April 30th and has been selling well since then and still is. So it is more than likely there are just about there.

And I am sure there was something that said the game sold like 6 million or so without the bundle and with it it was at almost 9 million. So the bundle is not the only reason the game sold....heck it still makes it into the top 10 today here on VGchartz and that's just the standalone game not including digital or the bundles. So the game might have slowed down but it is still selling on its on pretty well if you ask me. Selling well over 10 million copies even with a nundle is amazing.

And I am not sure why you said 5m sales isn't something to scoff again at when I literally said it in my post lol. Also at Xmas time you could definitely buy a PS4 without UC4......it is just people chose the C4 bundle.....

You said 5m isnt anything to scoff at and i am saying otherwise, because there is only acouple PS4 1st party games that have surpassed 5m total sales. 5m is alot sold especially on a platform with only 30m sold and with heaps of negativily around it at the time of launch. 5m on a platform of around 60m isnt as impressive.

Every time a PS4 is sold with a physical copy of Horizon or Uncharted 4 it counts as a game sale. Horizon sales will remain high until its out of the Bundles. You see PS4 is boosting the game sales as it continues to sell well. 1 PS4 sold will add to either UC4 or Horizon game sales. Its a neat trick to make a game look better in the sales department than it actually is.

Last time i checked UC4 was on roughly 4m sold before the huge Xmas Bundles, after Xmas it sat on 8m and now probably 9m to 10m. The game dropped off on sales after 4m so thank the bundles for the extra boost in sales. Today you are correct the bundles have slimed out, however UC4 is still Bundled and Horizon is the big bundled game going forward. Why dont Sony give out Digital codes? hmm

MS dont give out phyiscal copies of there Bundled games, they give out digital codes which dont count as game sales. So all those Halo 5 Bundles sold have not counted towards Halo 5's total sales. We dont know how well Halo 5 sold digitally. We have rough estimates it sold over 1m digital 1 year ago.

Either way, game sales arent the same as in the old days. Its not like Mario World vs Sonic 3 sales where there were no digital, rarely any game bundles and game sales actually was a clear indication of popularity. Now when you have MS including Digital codes and Sony heavily bundling there games with physical copies, the sales charts are going to favor Sony. Does it matter this gen? No, it might matter to hardcore fans for bragging rights thats basically it.

Okay a couple of things because I think you are confused. If I say 5m sales IS NOT sanything to scoff at then that means that 5m sales is good no matter how you chop it. So if you are saying that you feel otherwise then that means that you are saying 5m sales is not good. So your 1st paragraph is like odd and pointles since I literally said 5m sales is indeed good lol.

Second yes UC4 was at about 4m or a little over the last time we got a sales update before the Christmas bundle. But even after that with the breakdown the game still sold VERY well on its on during the Holiday. And your post still doesn't make sense to me. When did HZD become the "big bundled" game? Is there some big bundle that I do not know about? And why doesn't Sony give out digital codes? Do they have to or something? 

Look MS CHOOSES to give out digital codes but guess what when the bundle is sold it STILL counts as a sale towards the total number of copies sold. Just because NPD doesn't track it that doesn't change so digital or physical it is the sale exact thing a sale towards the game. So yes all those Halo 5 bundles have counted towards sales for the game. So why even bring that up?

And wait so you think HZD is selling well because it is "big bundled" since when? I am not even sure where you got that from lol. Where is this "BIG" HZD bundle that is causing it to sell so well? And going by your logic saying that 1 PS4 sales adds to either HZD or UC4 then why isn't UC4 at like 15 million sold? I mean there are been what as of June 11th or something over 7 millions PS4s sold. And it was at 8.9 million back in Dec. 

Look I am not even sure why you are going on about this lol...this entire conversation started because you quoted someone that said they felt in order for the XB1X to be a hit then it would need a game that is more popular than both Sony and Nintendo IPs combined and you said yeah it is called Halo.....that was a false statement period. Halo may not be as big as it once was but it still a very popular game and rightfully so. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

vivster said:
darkenergy said:

It's too early to say the Xbox One X isn't a success and no the name isn't stupid or else there would be people all over the web complaining about that.

It's stupid enough so that people like you won't even recognize the simple acronym XBOX.

It seems you don't like Xbox then.

Proud to be a Californian.